• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Any recommendations for churches in fort wayne? Only asking here because I think it has to do with preparedness, not looking for a night club kinda church or a weekly feel good message
    If this isn't the appropriate place for this post by all means let me know, thank you

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Do a little researches on the churches and see if their doctrine lines up with what you believe, many church denominations have a statement of faith, I go to Assembly of God church and they have what we call the 16 fundamental truths and that is our core beliefs based off of the Bible ( if that makes sense).

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Do a little researches on the churches and see if their doctrine lines up with what you believe, many church denominations have a statement of faith, I go to Assembly of God church and they have what we call the 16 fundamental truths and that is our core beliefs based off of the Bible ( if that makes sense).
    An excellent recommendation...do your research and call and asking to meet with an elder or pastor to present your questions can go a long way too!

We attend Pathway Community Church and our experience has been positive going on 12+ years.
    But, we're also involved in their programs as a participant, in support, and as a presenter, so we're part of their process as well, not just an 'attender'.

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I recommend Headwaters church on Wells street.
    I've attended both Pine Hills and Pathway here in town. Pathway is a good place, but it's HUUUUGE and somewhat difficult to get community.

Headwaters isn't flashy, but it's scripture driven and filled with people really taking faith seriously.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    I've attended both Pine Hills and Pathway here in town. Pathway is a good place, but it's HUUUUGE and somewhat difficult to get community.

Headwaters isn't flashy, but it's scripture driven and filled with people really taking faith seriously.
    Didn't even know they had a church setup in that building , thanks
    Would definitely be convenient as I'm just down by st.francis lol

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am in Fort Wayne and we attend Grabill Missionary Church and we love it. We are fairly new there, just started in February. The pastor is terrific, walks around while he preaches which I like. We came from a church and all the pastor did was stand and read. . . boring. He is a great story teller, funny and I actually learn quite a lot. They have three services on Sunday, second and third are the busiest.

They have a huge youth group, which my daughter just loves. I am guessing 150 kids show up on Wednesday nights. Its great to see so many kids involved.

On a side note, I was in the hospital with covid in July. The pastor kept in touch by texting me while I was there. I had said hello to him here and there, and introduced myself but never figured he remembered me. After all I was new there and it is a fairly large church. I was really touched he reached out to me, it really meant a lot.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am in Fort Wayne and we attend Grabill Missionary Church and we love it. We are fairly new there, just started in February. The pastor is terrific, walks around while he preaches which I like. We came from a church and all the pastor did was stand and read. . . boring. He is a great story teller, funny and I actually learn quite a lot. They have three services on Sunday, second and third are the busiest.
    I have a few friend s that go there - can vouch for it being a solid place.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Do you go there? Do we know each other?

We do make an intentional choice to avoid flash, and focus on scripture. Sermons are always expositions linearly through a book of the Bible, never topical.

Just an FYI, Pathway is derived from Assembly of God, IIRC. Personally I found it concert-like. But that is just me.

Headwaters is the former Wallen Baptist, same theology and staff, just a new location. (well actually really old) We took over the building two years ago, have been remodelling. There's even a "dojo" in the basement where they practice Krav Maga.

When we outgrew our suburb property we made a conscious decision to move where the need is, and God gave us that MASSIVE and beautiful property.

Elcardo, consider this a personal invitation to Headwaters.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Headwaters is the former Wallen Baptist, same theology and staff, just a new location. (well actually really old) We took over the building two years ago, have been remodelling. There's even a "dojo" in the basement where they practice Krav Maga.

When we outgrew our suburb property we made a conscious decision to move where the need is, and God gave us that MASSIVE and beautiful property.

Interesting, I had no idea there was a church in that property. What was that place originally? Do you own the entire complex?

I did notice another church from Grabill, Harvest, moved into your old location. I was curious what happened to Wallen Baptist, now I know.

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Interesting, I had no idea there was a church in that property. What was that place originally? Do you own the entire complex?

I did notice another church from Grabill, Harvest, moved into your old location. I was curious what happened to Wallen Baptist, now I know.
    I believe it was originally built as an orphanage. They've still got the original lockers where the orphans kept they're belongings. (Which doesn't hold much.)

They do own the entire complex. The church itself is in the main building. The other buildings are being remodeled and will be used for various things. One is the church offices, one is going to be a free medical facility for the community, one to house women (I think with a focus on single women with children, but i could be wrong.) trying to get back on their feet, one for counseling and I believe the other is going to be some sort of school to prepare underprivileged kids to go to seminary.

They definitely have a focus on reaching out in the community.

Top Bottom