• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I have one box of 115 grain 9mm I purchased a little over a year ago when things were a bit more scarce. I've watched a few of their videos, but I wonder what the consensus is on this stuff for carry and/or duty if you fall into that category. That is, in lieu of the traditional modern hollowpoints.

Dinny

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2015
    Trafalgar
    It's hard to say. Many manufacturers have invested heavily into JHP technology and it seems to have paid off. We've never had finer selections of potent 9mm bullets.

Thanks, Dinny

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I’ve watched Paul Harrell’s review of it on the “meat target” and the results were less than impressive. It’s been a while since I saw it but I remember something about it being used to penetrate 3A soft armor.

If you’re wanting a non hollow point for defense, I personally have tested Underwood’s Extreme Defender bullets and I’m quite surprised at their performance. In a caliber that struggles with expansion like 380 they can really be a game changer.

Last edited:

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    It's not my preferred cartridge, just that ammo was really scarce when I bought it and currently I'm seeing a lot of it locally now and am wondering why. It's loaded in Starline brass, so I guess that's a win for my reloading. Otherwise, meh.

Top Bottom