• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tosharri

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Plainfield
    I wish I had found this forum before I went there...treated very rudely by 2 out of the 3 men there (in front of other customers) Yes I'm not an expert and was depending on what my boyfriend recommended for me but that's no reason to treat me like they did. To add insult to injury they basically told me the gun my (very well versed in firearms) bf told me to look for wasn't the gun I wanted...I'm not surprised that I wasn't the first woman to go there and be treated like crap. Why can't I go into a gun store and ask questions? They lost a customer and quite frankly I'm telling everyone I know (and we have lots of friends who purchase firearms and ammo) how I was treated so its very likely they will lose more.

BTW...this was NOT the first time I've attempted to purchase a gun and NOT my first purchase...just the first of this type of gun.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I stopped in there about 4 weeks ago because a buddy of mine had a pleasant experience there a few weeks before. Not the first time I've been in there but quite possibly the last time I set foot in there. They had a decent offering of long guns which interested me but when the sales person told me to look up at the camera and pull down my mask I thought WTF. Never heard or seen anybody else being asked to do this...

tosharri

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Plainfield
    I stopped in there about 4 weeks ago because a buddy of mine had a pleasant experience there a few weeks before. Not the first time I've been in there but quite possibly the last time I set foot in there. They had a decent offering of long guns which interested me but when the sales person told me to look up at the camera and pull down my mask I thought WTF. Never heard or seen anybody else being asked to do this...
    Yep...they did the same thing to me with the mask thing. Nevermind its a mandate. Didn't have that issue at any other firearms retailer so yeah whatever. I won't be back

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    This is typical at most gun shops these days. Reason being is if your an idiot and try to rob/steal your on camera. My wife is a firm believer in the mask thing and she absolutely understood the reasoning behind this mask off and on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Went there 1 time. Will not be back.
    Please do not tell me I do not know my way around a 1911. And do it in a condescending way. I full well understand dealing with the avg. guy off the streets. But beyond that I was not impressed with the price points.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I stopped in there just once. They had a lot of just standard firearms and some overpriced AR furniture. Was not impressed with them then, have not been back. As others have mentioned, Copperhead out that way is good and I like Parabellum as well, gotta support any range that will actually still run shooting competitions.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Bought a Beretta from them shortly after they opened. I think the original owners sold to someone else, but not sure.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    My first time there yesterday. Was in there about 5 seconds.

We had been shopping for a hot tub in Avon, and saw a "guns" sign nearby. That store turned out to be closed (understandable, it was Sunday). This nonetheless was out motivation to add to our gun collection for Valentine's Day. So we went down the street to the other gun shops.

I'm a person who wants to avoid Covid and doesn't mind wearing a mask. My husband and I both had good masks on. I also understand the culture of most of the gun community and wasn't necessarily expecting everyone in the gun store to feel the same way. However, being asked to pull down our masks the moment we entered didn't sit well with me, especially coming from a guy without a mask standing 2' away from me. We just said we would be back later.

We went to Parabellum. Their employees were not masked, but many other customers were. We spent $900 on a new revolver. I considered emailing a copy of the receipt to Fort Liberty, but just decided instead to not go back.

I just mentally walked through how many gun stores I've been in during the pandemic. At least 7. Fort Liberty was the only one that asked me to pull my mask down. At Shoot Point Blank in Columbus, OH, everyone was wearing a mask. Anyway, I can understand a policy of recording faces in a gun store... except that I would expect the same culture who is anti-mask to not really like looking full face into cameras. My reasoning was ultimately the safety of myself and my husband (who is not vaccinated). Someone working in a small building like that all day without a mask has a significant chance of carrying a respiratory virus.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dusty, thats almost as fun as that Columbus store that was demanding to see ID just for entering. I understand they had been robbed several times, but to record the ID of everyone who even sets foot in the store? No thanks.

And I may be mistaken, but I think that nonsense caused them to close.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Dusty, thats almost as fun as that Columbus store that was demanding to see ID just for entering. I understand they had been robbed several times, but to record the ID of everyone who even sets foot in the store? No thanks.

The Watson Chambers Defense Institute?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I think it was more related to an illness than the policy but I think one of the owners is still active on the 2A front.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think it was more related to an illness than the policy but I think one of the owners is still active on the 2A front.
    Yes. She actually is still outspoken on the 2A front and spoke recently at the statehouse regarding the constitutional carry bill.

Top Bottom