• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    So I was filling out form 1 for a shockwave - sbs conversion. The eforms have model numbers based on the company manufacturer. I picked "500/590" from the drop down.
    Stupid thing came back rejected for "incorrect model."

Looking over the drop down box, they've apparently added "590 shockwave" now to the list.

If I didn't have to drag my butt downtown to the state police office to get an actual paper fingerprint card I wouldn't care so much. I hate going downtown.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    So I was filling out form 1 for a shockwave - sbs conversion. The eforms have model numbers based on the company manufacturer. I picked "500/590" from the drop down.

Looking over the drop down box, they've apparently added "590 shockwave" now to the list.

If I didn't have to drag my butt downtown to the state police office to get an actual paper fingerprint card I wouldn't care so much. I hate going downtown.
    You’ll be fine, just don’t go on the east side, wait maybe it’s the south, no come to think of it I’ve seen it pushing north lately, no wait that was west.. ah, yes, you sir are screwed...

IndyTim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013

It’s been a while since I’ve completed a form 1. As I recall, the options in the drop-down are just previously entered by users and not the ATF. The model should come from the firearm.
    So, even 590 Shockwave may be incorrect. I would take a look at what is engraved on the shotgun.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    So I made it downtown and kept the apt yesterday in the midst of the snow. Next question:
    Does anyone use UPS instaed of USPS for fingerprints? I'm just thinking my best bet is to send via UPS, if that's possible. Last time it took USPS a week, sending overnight priority. I'm betting with the snow it will be a toss up if it makes it in the required 2 weeks.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The ATF will send you as many fingerprint cards as you want, for free. They ship them out pretty quick too.

https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

When I sent in my fingerprints for a Form 4 SBR transfer, I thought for sure my fingerprints weren't very good, so I sent them extras just in case. It must have worked, because I had no issues getting the stamp approved.

I used this ink kit per a recommendation from others on Ingo:
    Amazon.com : Lee Inkless FingerPrint Pad (S03027) : Finger Pads : Office Products

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    The ATF will send you as many fingerprint cards as you want, for free. They ship them out pretty quick too.

https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

When I sent in my fingerprints for a Form 4 SBR transfer, I thought for sure my fingerprints weren't very good, so I sent them extras just in case. It must have worked, because I had no issues getting the stamp approved.

I used this ink kit per a recommendation from others on Ingo:
    Amazon.com : Lee Inkless FingerPrint Pad (S03027) : Finger Pads : Office Products
    I was going to recommend this as well. Took about 6 weeks to get my cards from the ATF, but now I should have enough cards for life unless they change the format.

dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    I went ahead and ordered some cards, even though I don't plan to use them anytime soon.

Now, about that passport picture. Is there a DIY option for that as well?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I went ahead and ordered some cards, even though I don't plan to use them anytime soon.

I stood against a plain, light colored wall, with nothing in the background. Made sure we had good lighting. Had my wife use my smartphone to take the picture. Got onto Walgreens website and loaded the picture online, ordered pictures and picked up locally. I believe I got the size just a tad larger and cut them down to meet the passport photo size ( don't remember the measurement off hand ). It was very easy and the pictures were super cheap from Walgreens (less than $10, maybe even less than $5 ??).

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    About photos...

If you go to a place that takes passport photos, they'll gouge you on them.

If you go to a place that takes passport photos and ask if they'll take non-passport ID photos, they may very well charge you a lot less. it doesn't hurt to ask. And go when they're not busy... And be polite and well spoken. If they ask why they're needed "For a government background check". 100% truth.

2" x 2" is the size they're supposed to be. Printed on photo stock and not on regular paper for the DIY'ers.

Once you get one photo taken, get SEVERAL copies. Like more than you think you'll need.

Get more finger print cards than you think you'll need, too. Practice a few times. Get a buddy or a spouse to assist in rolling your prints correctly, it'll be easier. That said, it's not too terribly hard to do it alone.

You can get hobby-type ink pads at like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure where mine came from. I know that I didn't find an ink pad at one of those stores and did at the other. Was an easy walk betwixt them on Indy's south side. And you can find way better systems on Amazon, too. Things with a higher quality ink pad and a little jig to hold the cards in place while you're doing it.

Old Boolet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Monroe County

Got passport photos @ Walmart in Bloomington. One guy there is quite experienced taking them. They were <$10. AAA & Post Office will take them, but Walmart is the cheapest. Do find an experienced photographer wherever you go (for passports; State Dept is picky).

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Three form 4s, sbs, sbr & suppressor, I simply snapped a photo against a blank wall, printed out 2"x2" copies on regular paper and taped them to the form. all went through fine.

Top Bottom