• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    In an email earlier this week, it was stated that a form 1 will now accept electronic fingerprints. Anyone else considering an SBR now and they weren't prior? An additional thought, I would wonder if this change is being made so that if they require you to SBR a braced pistol, they can get people to comply easier.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    118   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    They probably made the change in order to keep from having 3 pieces of paper (2 fingerprint cards and 1 accompanying form) sent to them for every Form 1 & Form 4. Just less mail and paper.

I for one am all about it. Just another step toward getting approvals easier & quicker approvals.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I just recently received my approval for an SBR in less than three months via paper fingerprints. I don’t think that’s too awful of a turnaround myself.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    143   1   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Are you kidding me? I have two Form 1s I did and it took me all week to get finger prints, was about to mail them out tomorrow overnight. Has the change already happened?

Edit: Dang it, it now appears on forms but is grayed out because I already submitted them.

Last edited:

Aszerigan

Master
    Site Supporter
    Advertiser
    Rating - 99.5%
    220   1   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Since fingerprint cards don't have an expiration (unlike photos), just get one card and scan it to keep in your archives.

I still have one from a Silencershop Kiosk submission last year, seems a convenient way to streamline additional form 1s.

tv1217

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Since fingerprint cards don't have an expiration (unlike photos), just get one card and scan it to keep in your archives.

I still have one from a Silencershop Kiosk submission last year, seems a convenient way to streamline additional form 1s.
    They have to be in a specific format and the software to do so is thousands of dollars. A simple .jpeg scan won't do

Aszerigan

Master
    Site Supporter
    Advertiser
    Rating - 99.5%
    220   1   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    They have to be in a specific format and the software to do so is thousands of dollars. A simple .jpeg scan won't do
    Interesting. I just scanned the prints from the Sheriff's office and Silencershop accepted them. So did the ATF. Maybe I just got lucky.

Last edited:

tv1217

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I went through Printscan and it was already in my email when I got in the car as I was leaving. They tell you not to download it on your phone supposedly for technical reasons so I got home and used my laptop and made a bazillion backup copies of the file

tv1217

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Update: Electronic fingerprints makes it almost too easy to file form 1s(not to say I should even have to do it at all)

I just filed two. My wallet and I are no longer on speaking terms.

Last edited:

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    My wallet is really happy I do not yet have an electronic fingerprint file and the nearest place is 45 minutes away...

Top Bottom