• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Getting things started on a Form 1 suppressor. Is that supposed to be done by a law enforcement agency or is that done at the same place I'd go for the prints to get a carry permit? The way its worded on ATF's website it makes it sound like it has to be done at a cop shop.
    Also I guess I need to bring my own cards?

IT_Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2021
    Fortville
    You'll need the cards with the correct ORI. You'd order those from the ATF and bring to your place of choice.

I used IdentoGo for my last 3 SBR's. They usually have locations around larger cities so depends where you live. They just do the digital scan and then print onto your cards. Never had an issue with them.

scrubber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    West Central
    Hello, and congrats on getting started on your form 1! It is perfectly legal to complete your own cards and I prefer doing my own. I purchase my cards from a website for the company National Gun Trusts . Get cards, ink, the plastic card holder, and several correction stickers. After a few tries, it is pretty easy. They have instructional information on their website, but if you have any questions on filling out the data fields, send me a message and I would be glad to help. Cheers!

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I went to the Evv PD and they provided the cards. In fact at the time I did not know there were different cards and the nice lady helping me knew the right one for a form 4 transfer.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks guys! Sounds like it shouldn't be too big a deal. I'll need to make a few phone calls and then go from there. Looks like one of the local P.D.s is part of IdentoGo now, hopefully they're actually doing prints now with Covid starting to wind down.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Just want to add, if you've ever bought a suppressor through a Silencershop affiliated dealer, SiShop keeps them on file and they can print them onto cards and mail them to you.

latj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I'll add to the "do it yourself" crowd. I did an efile Form 1 and bought the cardholder and ink from Amazon, local dealer gave me some cards.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Fyi it's $15 bucks a set of you have them on file with Silencershop. I've tried rolling my own but I always mess it up so it's worth the confidence that ATF will accep them. I should probably get it redone though since I'm down a finger.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I just filled out some cards today and fingerprinted myself.

Do I fill in my personal place of work address information on the card or leave that blank?

I would think that would only be for CLEO doing fingerprints. I added the address of my company where I work and may have to get new cards.

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    Yeah the cards are cheap on Amazon and some gun stores give them out. I did my prints at the cop shop just because they will be the one recorded on the card as the printer. Seems to be the most legit place to show your not a criminal. I don't think it matters where though. I've heard people doing their own. Just have to do it right and with the right ink. Seems easier just to have someone else do it than buy the ink and cross your fingers that you did them passable.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Just want to add, if you've ever bought a suppressor through a Silencershop affiliated dealer, SiShop keeps them on file and they can print them onto cards and mail them to you.
    WUT! I didn't know that! That's super helpful. Very dumb you have to submit with every stamp... once you have them on file that should be enough. But that's the AFT for you.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    WUT! I didn't know that! That's super helpful. Very dumb you have to submit with every stamp... once you have them on file that should be enough. But that's the AFT for you.
    Unfortunately Silencershop does charge for this, and you have to call to order, but I can confirm it works. I think they charge $15 per set per person. I just ordered 30 blank cards from the ATF and an ink pad from amazon and roll my own. Out of all the people submitting fingerprints, I've never heard of the ATF rejecting a single set. They will reject your Form 1 if you fill it out incorrectly though.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Unfortunately Silencershop does charge for this, and you have to call to order, but I can confirm it works. I think they charge $15 per set per person. I just ordered 30 blank cards from the ATF and an ink pad from amazon and roll my own. Out of all the people submitting fingerprints, I've never heard of the ATF rejecting a single set. They will reject your Form 1 if you fill it out incorrectly though.
    Worth it for the time it took me to drive up to Hamilton County Sheriff dept and wait for someone to print me. Carmel stopped doing prints during "the pandemic".

I had a FORM 1 rejected, for filling something in wrong, of course the process starts all over, including a new fingerprint submission... (HUGE Waste and dumb) I mean how hard would it be to amend the document that has the error)

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I had a FORM 1 rejected, for filling something in wrong, of course the process starts all over, including a new fingerprint submission... (HUGE Waste and dumb) I mean how hard would it be to amend the document that has the error)

Efficiency is the LAST thing they care about when it comes to these forms. If they can get one person out of 100 whose forms are rejected to not resubmit, it's a victory for them.

Top Bottom