• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    This is correct. If you get denied, you get refunded your $200. The gubment gets that money upfront tho
    I had one denied for a clerical error, of course I couldn't just amend the filing. I had to start all over, even new fingerprint cards. It also took about 90days and weekly phone calls to get my $ back.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well duh! They’re gonna have to stop!

I mean come on, how are the 8 examiner’s going to handle all the form 1’s along with 3 million applications for “pistol braced sbr’s!”

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Washington Gun Law on YouTube put out a video essentially disproving this theory. I didn't get it either because virtually NO form 4s are approved within 88 days so how could anyone ever NOT get denied with what was being said?

Basically he said the 88 day rule is because of a law put into place for form 4473's and it being an auto deny at 90 days, so at 88 days the system purges all data from the 4473 and you get denied to avoid them storing the data past 90 days.

Here's the video,

again, if you want to put your faith in the same group that changes its ruling at will with no repercussions thats on you. Its not like they haven't given us plenty of warning that they will stop at nothing to turn gun owners into felons.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I don’t fully understand the 88 day rule for approval.. The ATF runs 2 3 and 4 hundred days all the time for approval. It’s almost as if it’s planned gatekeeping

Your application is sitting in queue for that long but its not actively being worked until it hits someone's desk.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Your application is sitting in queue for that long but its not actively being worked until it hits someone's desk.
    This is correct. Your tax stamp only gives you a space in line with your control number. Once the auditor gets the paperwork, it doesn't take long at all.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've been trying to file a form 3 since yesterday morning. System seems to be down every time I try to log in. Finally caught it in an 'up' window about an hour ago. Seems to be off again now. Who knows what's going on at this point.

Revdev86

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Central Indiana
    I've been trying to file a form 3 since yesterday morning. System seems to be down every time I try to log in. Finally caught it in an 'up' window about an hour ago. Seems to be off again now. Who knows what's going on at this point.
    Such an outdated, inefficient, and frustrating system. I had high hopes for eForms making things better but alas the trampling of our rights continue

Revdev86

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Central Indiana
    Hope as been restored for quick form1s. After an 11ish day break, users have reported Hartsock has approved a few form ones. Whether it was a vacataion, training, or government bs.. idk.

StumpGump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022
    Avon
    The site seems to be up and down over the last couple weeks, got a form 1 in the friday before the ruling went thru. Did noticed they had updated the expected wait to 30/45 days last week. Will update when she goes thru.

Revdev86

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Central Indiana
    The site seems to be up and down over the last couple weeks, got a form 1 in the friday before the ruling went thru. Did noticed they had updated the expected wait to 30/45 days last week. Will update when she goes thru.
    I hadn’t seen the expected wait update. Lots of folks are still running mid 20 days for form1s and right at 265 +/- 10 days for form 4s

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    If it’s true, it just seems more and more like they’re setting up this pistol brace ruling for a mass takedown of people.

If your approval is denied 88 days after it’s submitted if no progress is made with it, an artificial backlog would almost guarantee more people being denied, thus more pistol owners being turned in to felons

Either that, or they’re making an honest effort to halt other applications to “clear the way” to process brace applications. But there’s still no way they’re going to be able to process them all in time, so I still strongly believe it’s a setup. :dunno: Either way, a lot of people are getting screwed.
    The 88 days thing is not true. That only applies to Form 4473s, not form 1 & form 4s

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Also....my FFL talked with his ATF rep and rep told him they have only had 14,000 amnesty form 1s filed since the ruling come down. Get 'em in now boys!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The 88 days thing is not true. That only applies to Form 4473s, not form 1 & form 4s
    And it wouldnt be from the submission date anyway. It would be from the time the examiner opened the case.

88 days means the examiner died at his desk and nobody noticed. :):

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Regardless, if you file for one, you’re part of the problem.

I said what I said.

View attachment 251071
    What about filing on guns I already was going to form 1 anyways? I just never got around to it because I'd had a better use for the 200 a pop for a while.

Edit:

I keep seeing this pop up and I'm torn. If there was any upside to paying I would but I really feel like getting something "for free" for once on all this BS. I'm hardly invested in NFA stuff but from the few cans I've filed on in the last 6 months alone I could have bought a nice new whole gun for. So why not get a few stamps "for free" if this sticks for long enough to get them?

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    All the folks saying after 88 days they’ll be kicking in doors and throwing on cuffs on 10 million Americans don’t understand logic.

But I would not be surprised if we see a 1+ year wait and the ATF not knowing what to do after all the filings. Exactly why I SBR’d my last two with braces and paid the fine just before the ruling.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Also....my FFL talked with his ATF rep and rep told him they have only had 14,000 amnesty form 1s filed since the ruling come down. Get 'em in now boys!
    So they are up and doing the free stamp? I did not think was a for sure thing yet.

Top Bottom