Forgot to update address for LTCH. Now what??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeerBeer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2021
    Linton
    Hey guys. New guy here. I changed addresses (in the same town) and have been in the new address since October 2019. I realized after the timeline required to update address that I totally forgot to do so. I'm paranoid and haven't been carrying outside my home because I don't want to be caught carrying with my correct address on file if something were to happen and I would have to defend myself or family. I want to update it but I do not know if there are legal ramifications or if I will lose my license.

I really want to make sure I am informed. Should I give ISP a call? What's the best course of action here.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Just log into the online ISP license portal and submit the change. You won't lose your license.

I had a gap with mine too a few years ago. I moved and got a new DL but couldn't find my application number, so I couldn't log in to submit the change of address. I found my app number about 6 months later and submitted. It was approved within a few minutes. No mention of the gap or questions about why.

BeerBeer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2021
    Linton
    Just log into the online ISP license portal and submit the change. You won't lose your license.

I had a gap with mine too a few years ago. I moved and got a new DL but couldn't find my application number, so I couldn't log in to submit the change of address. I found my app number about 6 months later and submitted. It was approved within a few minutes. No mention of the gap or questions about why.
    So even when you logged how long you were at the new residence they didnt ask anything?

Almost sounds like they aren't super strict on enforcement.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    They don't ask for any info on how long you've lived at the new address.

I think the only way they would even see the discrepancy is if they checked your BMV activity to see when you updated your driver's license. Not sure why they would ever bother to do that. I don't think a human at ISP even looks at the address change submissions.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    I just tried to update my address on my gun permit and I am chasing my tail here is there a trick to it ? It asked if i have a current license I put yes says you can only have one no sh## . I clicked on update address it’s taking me thru a whole new app I’m not looking at something the right way or just having a brain fart ?

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I just tried to update my address on my gun permit and I am chasing my tail here is there a trick to it ? It asked if i have a current license I put yes says you can only have one no sh## . I clicked on update address it’s taking me thru a whole new app I’m not looking at something the right way or just having a brain fart ?
    So... where do you live that you get a GUN PERMIT? We don't have the need for gun permits in Indiana. We do have a License to Carry a Handgun aka (LTCH).

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    You must sign in at:

with your application number and your password you set up when you first applied.

Once you are signed in you will see:

Clipboard01.jpg

Once you click on that there should be a form to fill out.

If you have had your LTCH long enough to pre date the requirement to have an online account you can set one up at the login page. You will need your APPLICATION number to do so.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    They want to know the correct addresses. Thats more important than throwing someone in jail. The minute they arrest someone for not notifying them in time then people that forgot to notify will never notify out of fear of being next.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    yes I should have said LTCH it’s been a long day it looks like I just didn’t get the right sequence of stuff clicked . I now have a login I will give it a try tomorrow it’s has not been right address for 10 years so one more night will not matter ! thanks

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You inform them they will send you a new card with proper address on it. I can't remember if they charged me for it or not.
    You have to pay $20 for a new card. They do not send one by default when you update your address.

I have moved three times since my pink card was issued. It's the paper version, not the fancy new plastic one and it still has the old address on it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom