Forget PayPal, Venmo and Zelle for firearms-and-related transactions. Use GunTab instead.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a bridge I'll sell ya.
    Actually, you want to be the buyer. You agree to pay so many magic beans for his bridge, he gives you the bridge, and then finds out your magic beans don't exist. He can't go after you, because it is untraceable, and only existed in someone's imagination anyhow. :thumbsup:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Actually, you want to be the buyer. You agree to pay so many magic beans for his bridge, he gives you the bridge, and then finds out your magic beans don't exist. He can't go after you, because it is untraceable, and only existed in someone's imagination anyhow. :thumbsup:
    Brilliant!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    How about magic beans? Will you take magic beans?

View attachment 239801
    I’ll take beans.
    Not giving you any premium just because you call them magic though.

Just because we can’t imagine how something can work (hey, I’m with you here) doesn’t mean it can’t work. Just think of what people thought of the first car. I’m sure when someone herd about them without seeing them they didn’t believe it could happen either.

No different than driverless cars, or tractors, or AI, all coming down the pike.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    I love how all this crypto stuff was supposed to be just that, an alternative currency. But with no regulation everyone used it as get rich quick ponzi's and now look at it, fraud everywhere in the news. This actually looks like a solid alternative
    Keep an eye peeled. That fool (currently in the news) who embezzled all those funds and contributed tens of millions to the Marxist Dems is a Leftist operative. He has long been pushing for government control of the crypto markets, and for one single governmental crypto currency. Notice how he's not being prosecuted (yet) and how the Leftist media are not tying him to the Dems?

He's a Leftist Democrat plant intended to scare the American public into supporting the recently unveiled government fiat crypto currency. This guy and his "girlfriend" need to go to prison. Remember Enron? The whole sham is orchestrated by the Marxist Left and the WEF.

Don't fall for it.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    From the FAQ page:

What happens if the buyer attempts a chargeback?

Back to Help Center
    The GunTab User Agreement strictly prohibits buyers from filing a chargeback with their financial institution and imposes a chargeback management fee of $1,000. By using GunTab, a buyer agrees that GunTab will be the sole arbitrator of any dispute with the seller. Filing a chargeback is a violation of the GunTab User Agreement.
    Sellers are completely protected against chargebacks. If a buyer files a chargeback with their financial institution, the seller is completely protected because GunTab is escrow. This is different from a payment platform, which will immediately place a hold on the seller’s funds. If a seller receives a disbursement from GunTab, those funds belong to the seller.
    Last updated 18 Jun 2021

Red = Ouch!
    What I didn't see (could have missed) on the FAQ was how quickly escrow is released when both parties agree the transaction was acceptable. There is a time value on money. I suppose 500 bucks won't compound quickly for a one-off seller. But, in aggregate, a large seller might be affected with delayed release of escrow. The FAQ page also said the platform can be used for any legal goods. That's a nice touch for those that sell more than firearms. Thanks to OP for bringing attention to GunTab.
    Interesting points. Thanks.

I'm using GunTab (maiden voyage) on a small sale right now. I accepted the buyer's payment and was met with this:

wait.jpg

Not what I was expecting. The buyer has his own GunTab account with his own associated bank account. So I would think the transaction would be instantaeous...

We'll see. Like I said, this is my first attempt.

Last edited:

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    Nice to see more things like this popping up. 2.9% fee is a bit steep though, but understandable being a niche service I guess
    Most credit cart payment processors charge 2.9% plus a small flat amount. So GunTab's 2.9% is slightly better than the norm... Slightly.

Setting up payment processing can be a headache, and most individuals can't or won't get involved in it. Even if they did, most of the credit card providers are anti-gun and are likely to lock funds and/or close accounts of individuals involved in firearms transactions.

I'd like to use Zelle for FREE(!) but they're a big gamble for firearms deals. As for PayDirt and Venmo, no way.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    Interesting points. Thanks.

I'm using GunTab (maiden voyage) on a small sale right now. I accepted the buyer's payment and was met with this:

View attachment 239900

Not what I was expecting. The buyer has his own GunTab account with his own associated bank account. So I would think the transaction would be instantaeous...

We'll see. Like I said, this is my first attempt.
    I had to speak with GunTab regarding another issue, and while there I asked about the delay in my pending transaction. They explained that bank-to-bank transfers can take several days, and that the delay is caused entirely by the banks...not by GunTab. I've experienced that in other bank-to-bank transactions and that IS how it works.

I like these guys. They seem smart, polite and interested in helping.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I love how all this crypto stuff was supposed to be just that, an alternative currency. But with no regulation everyone used it as get rich quick ponzi's and now look at it, fraud everywhere in the news. This actually looks like a solid alternative
    yeah...i knew it was a scam when i started seeing bitcoin vending machines in the hood

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    The claim is that crypto is anonymous and cannot be traced, but that is untrue. Someone (crypto-exchange) has to convert between it and cash and that leaves a trail.

Plus it is too volatile in value for me, no thanks.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I had to speak with GunTab regarding another issue, and while there I asked about the delay in my pending transaction. They explained that bank-to-bank transfers can take several days, and that the delay is caused entirely by the banks...not by GunTab. I've experienced that in other bank-to-bank transactions and that IS how it works.

I like these guys. They seem smart, polite and interested in helping.
    Funny, transfering bank to bank for me takes minutes during normal business hours.
    At worst the next business morning.
    I would suggest using better banks that keep more staff in the transfer dept.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    Funny, transfering bank to bank for me takes minutes during normal business hours.
    It depends on which kind of bank transfer. ACH vs. Wire Transfer vs. whatever else. The GunTab transfers are free, and free is seldom fast (rule of thumb).

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What transfer mechanism are you using to do these bank to bank transfers?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Yes, ACH transfers do have latency.
    If you pay bills online via your banking site like my credit union does when you select a date for a payment it gives an estimated date that the transfer will actually occur since ACH‘s are done in computer batches by the bank. ACH‘s are not done in real time.

Top Bottom