• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes, our church had to take out a mortgage since our building and land was held by “the trust” and to pay off pension obligations and such. We are joining the Global Methodist church and will now keep title to the property as there is no trust now. Global Methodist is the conservative alternative.
    Interesting. We were told that if we left, we would get the deed outright after continuing to tithe to them for 3 years after leaving. Then again, our church was built in the 70s and AFAIK is fully paid for. That could be our difference.

And we are choosing to stay until the vote. For the main reason that this is not a done deal. All of the churches have to vote to move to the new doctrine. Today (OK, a year ago) as it stands, the vote is not expected to pass, assuming nobody jumps ship to GUMC. There are just too many overseas SUPER conservative UMCs for the liberal faction here in the states to win. (this is 110% a Big city liberal US push) But its close. BUUUUUT... If the liberals get us to jump ship, our votes no longer count and the vote gets closer, making the change inevitable. If we all were to hold our ground, it wont happen. The early shift to GMC is like a write-in or 3rd party syphoning votes; in the end, it only hurts those of us that want to maintain doctrine and tell those that want to liberalize to go form their own liberal church.

And for the record, St Lukes has gone rogue. They announced they were "personally" deciding to follow the new doctrine and do gay marriages even though it has not yet been voted on. To the point our district superintendent sent out a finger wagging rebuke of them to the entire district, essentially telling the rest of us "this is against doctrine, dont get any ideas." .

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Interesting. We were told that if we left, we would get the deed outright after continuing to tithe to them for 3 years after leaving. Then again, our church was built in the 70s and AFAIK is fully paid for. That could be our difference.

And we are choosing to stay until the vote. For the main reason that this is not a done deal. All of the churches have to vote to move to the new doctrine. Today (OK, a year ago) as it stands, the vote is not expected to pass, assuming nobody jumps ship to GUMC. There are just too many overseas SUPER conservative UMCs for the liberal faction here in the states to win. (this is 110% a Big city liberal US push) But its close. BUUUUUT... If the liberals get us to jump ship, our votes no longer count and the vote gets closer, making the change inevitable. If we all were to hold our ground, it wont happen. The early shift to GMC is like a write-in or 3rd party syphoning votes; in the end, it only hurts those of us that want to maintain doctrine and tell those that want to liberalize to go form their own liberal church.

And for the record, St Lukes has gone rogue. They announced they were "personally" deciding to follow the new doctrine and do gay marriages even though it has not yet been voted on. To the point our district superintendent sent out a finger wagging rebuke of them to the entire district, essentially telling the rest of us "this is against doctrine, dont get any ideas." .

Well ya know, that's why God sent Jesus...to figure out how to save denominations.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Our building and land had been paid off for years, but held in “trust” by the denomination was how the treasurer explained it to us. I’m not involved, so I just know what they said. The loan could have been to pay it off immediately instead of waiting the three years, I don’t know.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The church we’re members of are members of the American Baptists. The ABA is very left leaning and support woke causes. The one redeeming factor is they allow each congregation autonomy when it comes to how they doctrinally govern themselves. Most members of our church would probably disagree with much of what the ABA stands for but we remain members anyway. I think it’s because “that’s the way we’ve always done it”. If you’re a long time member, it probably means something to be a part of what you’ve always been a part of—even when they no longer agree with you.

A few years ago we had a pastor that came to us from a SBC background. He started doing some things that were seen as aligning with the SBC. Man, did some of the older members have a cow. There were threats to leave by a few, I am of the understanding.

Having seen how even the SBC has been slouching in recent years, I’d prefer we just go independent and do what the Bible commands.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well ya know, that's why God sent Jesus...to figure out how to save denominations.
    Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, “Don’t do it!” He said, “Nobody loves me.” I said, “God loves you. Do you believe in God?”

He said, “Yes.” I said, “Are you a Christian or a Jew?” He said, “A Christian.” I said, “Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?” He said, “Protestant.” I said, “Me, too! What franchise?” He said, “Baptist.” I said, “Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?” He said, “Northern Baptist.” I said, “Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”

He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist.” I said, “Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?” He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region.” I said, “Me, too!”

Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?” He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912.”

I said, “Die, heretic!” And I pushed him over.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes, our church had to take out a mortgage since our building and land was held by “the trust” and to pay off pension obligations and such. We are joining the Global Methodist church and will now keep title to the property as there is no trust now. Global Methodist is the conservative alternative.
    With all the big denominations one must, wait for it, FOLLOW THE MONEY…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What took so long?
    There is no reason to disassociate yet. Doctrine vote isnt until 2024. Its incredibly premature as the vote could go either way.

EDIT: And the more conservative churches leave before the vote, the more likely it is the vote will succeed to change. They are actually hurting the rest of us that want to stay and tell the liberals pushing this crap to pound sand. If they want different doctrine, THEY need to leave and start their own Liberal church or change to a more liberal existing denomination.

Last edited:

Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    This thread is bitter sweet for me. I haven't been involved with St Luke's in about 6 months. When I started going there several years ago I looked forward to it. I have been thinking about getting back to them but this just put the kabosh on that. I guess that I am going to have to find somewhere else to go. Its a shame that they had to just drink the cool aid and go woke.

Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    I had to speak up, this was the email to St. Lukes I just sent.

I was extremely disappointed to read about St Lukes bowing to the gun control ideology. I have been away from St Lukes for about 6 months. I see that a great deal has changed in my time away. I was giving serious thought to coming back until I read up on what has been happening and the shift away from the conservative principles that are so important. As a parting bit of information, in 2020,the most recent statistics, 20,802 people died because someone else pulled the trigger on a firearm. That being said there are between 500,000 and 1,000,000 defensive uses of a firearm every year. I think any rational person can see that firearms are used far more often as a tool to protect life than they are to take it. I wish those at St Lukes all the best but I will not be one of them, thank you.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Good God..... found it here...

That Methodists group seems to have lost its way.
    Closely following some Catholic’s?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This thread is bitter sweet for me. I haven't been involved with St Luke's in about 6 months. When I started going there several years ago I looked forward to it. I have been thinking about getting back to them but this just put the kabosh on that. I guess that I am going to have to find somewhere else to go. Its a shame that they had to just drink the cool aid and go woke.
    I'd offer my UMC church, but we are on the far side of town from you. We are holding out and holding the line to vote no on the doctrine change, as well as maintaining a solid safety team.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What UMC would that be? I was driving from the west side of town.
    http://www.westnewtonumc.com We are not far from Bradis to give you an idea where we are.

We are MUCH smaller than St Lukes, but our pastor is awesome. And its a great church family.

We livestream on youtube, so feel free to check out a service to see if its what you are looking for. (links on the website)
    weird. all social media links are gone from the site. Bizarre. www.youtube.com/westnewtonumc

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    What UMC would that be? I was driving from the west side of town.
    Don’t know how far west, but Bartlett Chapel in Avon is a conservative church. We have already voted to disassociate, so if you’re wanting to stay in the UMC denomination another might be more fitting. We will be joining the Global Methodist in January.

ETA we live-stream Sunday morning on Facebook live at 9:00, and old sermons are available to view there, too.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”

“That’s enough!” he replied.

Top Bottom