For anything less than murder or rape actively in progress you are on your own in Indianapolis- CMV

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Good point. The politicians should start removing needless laws rather than passing more and more all the time.
    Needless is up for debate but maybe it is time to get back to basics. If basic laws aren’t enforced in America then what are we doing out here bickering about things like what parts of a gun has a Serial# ,how tall someone’s grass is or how many mpg their truck gets?

Like trying to grip a handful of sand trying to control everything people do is a lost cause.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    If we don’t enforce the laws then why even have them on the books?

Because there are people whose only job is to make new laws. Whether we need new laws or not, we get a constant supply of new ones. I'd put out there that the vast majority of laws should be removed from the books.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Good point. The politicians should start removing needless laws rather than passing more and more all the time.
    Unfortunately, politicians think they need to tell everyone what they got passed.
    So EVERY year, more and more laws get piled on the books. Until nothing can get done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If we don’t enforce the laws then why even have them on the books?
    That’s a really silly remark. It’s true on many levels but it has merit I. A civil discussion.
    Now, the thousands of New Year’s Eve calls, how would you deal with them on. Single shift. How. That’s a basic question and is one we need to discuss.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's difficult to have the civil discussion when the same 'ol cop bashers either show up or start a thread to incite more cop hate. The cop haters are always there to bitch, never to praise law enforcement.

It gives newbies, like our new friend Kev, the impression that it's cool to throw around derogatory slurs about a fair handful of our membership's work. Work that the lion's share of us dearly appreciate and support.

:twocents:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's difficult to have the civil discussion when the same 'ol cop bashers either show up or start a thread to incite more cop hate. The cop haters are always there to bitch, never to praise law enforcement.

It gives newbies, like our new friend Kev, the impression that it's cool to throw around derogatory slurs about a fair handful of our membership's work. Work that the lion's share of us dearly appreciate and support.

:twocents:
    The newbie in question did receive a PM on the subject…

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Now, the thousands of New Year’s Eve calls, how would you deal with them on. Single shift. How. That’s a basic question and is one we need to discuss
    The same way as you do in the utilities industry during a storm event, you narrowly specify what classifies as an emergency to best divert limited assets.

However on a random Tuesday evening they should have enough resources to respond to all calls , even the small ones if they are indeed a violation of law or city ordinance. If they don’t have enough resources to enforce the laws on any given “normal” day then we have too many laws/ ordinances or too little assets to deploy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The same way as you do in the utilities industry during a storm event, you narrowly specify what classifies as an emergency to best divert limited assets.

However on a random Tuesday evening they should have enough resources to respond to all calls , even the small ones if they are indeed a violation of law or city ordinance. If they don’t have enough resources to enforce the laws on any given “normal” day then we have too many laws/ ordinances or too little assets to deploy.
    Bingo as to the last sentence.
    This goes beyond the boots on the ground LEO's that way too many blame this on. It starts with society in general. When we budget how laws are enforced we limit our ability to enforce the laws. When there is a budget involved there are asshats that want to advance on the merits of cutting budgets and in this putting more limits on LE agency's and the courts and trust me they are under budgetary scrutiny as well. So now you have prosecutors cherry picking the cases they go after to fill the "W" column and stay in the "Budget" and the circle of "bs" continues. We could ride this merry go round for hours with the limiting of cell space to handle the growing numbers of asshats that just don't give a crap about society's rules because they have never ever been held accountable for any wrong doing so the boundary's keep being pushed back.

Now, lets address the left butt brains that want to defund LE to move those funds over to social programs that enforce this mindset that we have "THE RIGHT" to act like idiots and tear society down.

So, this is just the tip of the ice burg. Where do we start past just complaining about things that are not gonna change until we unite and make the changes needed. If you see this any differently I understand but seriously, yelling at clouds, that's not the answer. We all care about this.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just read a thread about "Big Brother" watching, now this one about "a cop is never around when you want one."

What fun.

What I have learned is that in 30+ years of maintaining my own household and having called law enforcement exactly once (Conservation, no less, to see if it was OK for me to put down an injured deer)....is that I really need to be calling more often. It's the best way for me to avoid having a conversation with my neighbors like an adult.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just read a thread about "Big Brother" watching, now this one about "a cop is never around when you want one."

What fun.

What I have learned is that in 30+ years of maintaining my own household and having called law enforcement exactly once (Conservation, no less, to see if it was OK for me to put down an injured deer)....is that I really need to be calling more often. It's the best way for me to avoid having a conversation with my neighbors like an adult.
    Sounds like my "neighbor" farmer to the North. First year he owned the land he called the Sheriff on me for shooting on my property, and then on the neighbor to the South of me because his daughter rode her four wheeler a little into his field to turn around. Never said a word to either of us himself. :n00b:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    That’s a really silly remark. It’s true on many levels but it has merit I. A civil discussion.
    Now, the thousands of New Year’s Eve calls, how would you deal with them on. Single shift. How. That’s a basic question and is one we need to discuss.

I can tell you how we deal with it. Unless someone is shot, we don't go.

Lpherr

Occupied
    If you do not enforce the simple, you end up like California. Where every business is getting robbed. You seem to be part of the problem. Do you want him to confront the neighbor and it escalates?
    A newbie, with exactly 3 posts, uses his first post to quote something out of context, and then goes on to bash LEO's in an all inclusive rant.
    And then... disappears.:ugh:

I see a bright future for you on INGO Kevin... in the :draw: thread.:banana:

Side note:
    Keep the pineapple in the inverted cake.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Ever since the supreme court decided that police have no obligation to "protect and serve", the natural progression is for them to degenerate into hired goons for the state. I'm not saying there aren't good men on the ground, but the good men on the ground don't make up for the corruption coming from the top and this will logically amount to only "just following orders" types being hired. And when reasonable officers "look the other way" on certain things that a rookie would put you in cuffs for it starts to make you wonder a little. I think we're smack in the middle of the old crew being replaced with new guys that will do whatever the chief hands down. This is my estimation and experience of why there is so much difference in experiencing police interactions. I've experienced the help on the side of the road and I've been harassed as an adult for pulling off the road onto the sidewalk on a bicycle to let a car go by and it happened to be a townie that wanted to wave his... Let's say badge... Badge around because he was bored and reciting what he could do (up to a ticket and impounding the bike for riding on the sidewalk) to a 20 something made him feel better I guess.
    I've personally experienced a lot more of the harassment side of the force, but then I became LE for a time.
    I use to be a state prison guard, yada yada, but I lived through the terrible bureaucracy that is the state leo agency. The regulations, rules, and, if I can be perfectly candid, blatantly incompetent people placed in positions of authority made it extremely difficult for anyone considered the boots on the ground to do their job in a properly moral way and also comply with all mandates. There is too much bloat for anyone reasonable to continue to be an officer IMHO and I understand, but don't see how, a person can live with gap between moral enforcement of the law and what is asked of the police. Before anyone asks, I'm not a sovereign citizen looney or anything of the ilk, but the state of our laws is laughable and having to enforce even one unjust law brings the morality of the whole into question.
    Ultimately I left the position out of sheer frustration of incompetence and the COVID lockdowns. I'm not a paragon of virtue, but I consider myself a thinking man and that pretty much precludes me from employment with the state.
    A small sidenote for interested parties:
    Technically, that time you were out of wasp spray and used ant spray on a wasp makes you a felon if you were caught and had an overzealous prosecutor as it is being used for a purpose other than on the label.

Just my two cents from someone who use to be inside the monster if you will.
    This whole post is of course satire. I love my government and question nothing it does as it is always to my benefit.

Top Bottom