• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This thread has sat idle for over a year. This is unacceptable; a travesty, even!

Thus, I bring it back with the epic goodness that is all things bacon...

A friend sent me this a day or so ago, and I finally had time to make it tonight.

I bring you: Cheesy Bacon Bombs!

Take Pillsbury Grands "Flaky layers" biscuits
    A block of cheese; I used Mozzerella, from Kraft, but I suppose you could use something like pepper jack or something else with more zip to it
    A package of thick-cut bacon

Cut the block into one inch cubes of cheese. Please note that I did not tell you to cut the cheese. I will not be responsible if you do so.
    Cut the biscuits in half and wrap each half around the cheese cubes, covering the cheese completely.
    Take a strip of bacon, thinner end first, and wrap it around the dough-covered cheese. Give it a little twist once the dough is covered one way, so it wraps around the whole thing.
    Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
    This should make 12 of them.

Now, take a nice, deep pan, and add your cooking oil to it. I used olive, but canola or even wesson would probably work fine. Heat the oil and put a couple of the bacon bombs into it. Give it a couple of minutes on each side, so the bacon crisps. (2 1/2 if you like really crispy, less if you like it more chewy.)
    Remove from the oil and put each bomb on a paper towel to allow it to drain. Serve hot.

Mine came out like this:
    01B48C3B-AFE2-458E-95A6-FB359724C221.jpg
    98FE54D5-4CF8-451A-8583-C9399D4B9E52.jpg

Yes, I ate 4 of them before I remembered to take the pic. Do it yourself and take better pictures! :)

Blessings,
    Bill

What we have here. . . . . . .is zombie thread revival exoneration! YUMMY!!!:drool:

Top Bottom