• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Picked up mine today. Lots of polymer, umarex manufactured, sao trigger is no where close to a good mark series trigger.

Positives is that it feels great, includes optic plates, allegedly they run well too (haven't shot mine yet). I'm not mad at it yet.

Edit- got to shoot a little after work. It cycled all of my subsonic ammo, including a box of gemtech ammo that has only ever cycled reliably in bolt guns. Not bad for the first 50 rounds.

Attachments

• 20210910_133919.jpg
      20210910_133919.jpg
      4.7 MB · Views: 40
    • 20210911_011207.jpg
      20210911_011207.jpg
      816.7 KB · Views: 24
    Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Any updates with these? I just can’t make myself spend premium price for something made by umarex. Have seen a few pop on the second hand market but haven’t heard any reviews on them from friends or trusted people here.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I love my 502, I use it with my Dead Air Mask and it's real quiet. In comparison to the TX-22, I would say it's got it's pros and cons, and dependent on which TX-22 model you're looking at.

Pros:
    I think the FN trigger is better than the Taurus, but not by much.
    Optics mounting system is better
    Grip is quintessentially FN a little thinner
    FN handles meh quality ammo better

Cons:
    Taurus is cheaper, even the fanciest competition model
    FN only comes in a single stack, hence the thinner grips (Taurus magazine capacity is the largest on the market IIRC)
    Full capacity Taurus mags are flush fit, so you can probably extend it?
    Taurus has slide lightening cuts for some models if that's what you're into (heard it improves slide battery time or something)

Optics mount on TX-22 Competition model is a little better in my preference because the optic doesn't reciprocate with the slide. But I think for their newer compact models, it's still the conventional milled slide optics cut with plates. The TX-22 Competition if definitely the one worth getting if you want to run a can. TX-22 is meh not that they have their compact version out.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I have a friend that likes his. He likes the ability to train with the cheaper ammo of the 22LR. He has a 509 Tactical too that he games with.
    I had a 509 here for a bit but, it didn't last long. It's trigger was the absolute worst striker fired trigger I have ever seen.
    Like I said, he loves his. To each their own... :)

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I love my 502, I use it with my Dead Air Mask and it's real quiet. In comparison to the TX-22, I would say it's got it's pros and cons, and dependent on which TX-22 model you're looking at.

Pros:
    I think the FN trigger is better than the Taurus, but not by much.
    Optics mounting system is better
    Grip is quintessentially FN a little thinner
    FN handles meh quality ammo better

Cons:
    Taurus is cheaper, even the fanciest competition model
    FN only comes in a single stack, hence the thinner grips (Taurus magazine capacity is the largest on the market IIRC)
    Full capacity Taurus mags are flush fit, so you can probably extend it?
    Taurus has slide lightening cuts for some models if that's what you're into (heard it improves slide battery time or something)

Optics mount on TX-22 Competition model is a little better in my preference because the optic doesn't reciprocate with the slide. But I think for their newer compact models, it's still the conventional milled slide optics cut with plates. The TX-22 Competition if definitely the one worth getting if you want to run a can. TX-22 is meh not that they have their compact version out.
    I may have to shoot one. It seems
    To be consensus on this forum and the internet gun channels the tx is the best polymer 22 out there, especially the trigger. I’ve long argued if
    It said sig Glock Cz etc on the slide instead of Taurus people would buy it for 500 and be extremely happy with the money spent.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I may have to shoot one. It seems
    To be consensus on this forum and the internet gun channels the tx is the best polymer 22 out there, especially the trigger. I’ve long argued if
    It said sig Glock Cz etc on the slide instead of Taurus people would buy it for 500 and be extremely happy with the money spent.
    Well it's 2023, and Taurus has done a great deal of refining to keep up with their competitors. I will say that their first increments of TX-22s were way behind the 502 (or other Euro made .22s for that matter), but the latest ones on display at NRAAM were very well put together. At $469ish for the fanciest competition model, NIB from a big box store...that's really hard to beat.

If I ever wear out my FN, I'd probably replace it with a Taurus unless some other hot model walks onto the market.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I recently bought the fn502 tactical and have been in love with it ever since. I love how FN included the mount plates (3) with the pistol so no need to buy one specific for optic installed.

I put a RMR on it and it's amazing. so far the added weight of it has not affect function at all for it being a blow back .22lr. its super fun with the dead air can.

I bought this b/c I wanted to dip my toe into the reflex optics for pistols. bit of a learning curve trying to come up to firing position and have that red dot in view. all in all I am liking the red dot setup.

don't forget to check FN website for pistols effected by the recall

Top Bottom