• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Got home last night after 8 days in Destin. Stayed at Sundestin Beach Resort. Here's a pic from our room on the 16th floor. We've stayed there several time with good results. Probably heading back for Fall Break with the grandson.

20210912_095920.jpg

*Miles driven before cussing stupid drivers.-- ~ 32 miles. Wife says it's a new record for me.
    * Days of overeating.-- 8 days
    *Favorite meal.-- Shrimp Po-Boy w/ side of gumbo @ Back Porch (so good I had it twice).
    The Back Porch is a 10min walk down the beach, plus it's our go-to in Destin.
    *Number of beers consumed.-- Unknown but wife was trying to count them
    *Number of self defense shooting.-- Zero
    *Panhandlers and homeless spotted.-- Zero. I thought that was pleasant.
    *Number of days it rained.-- 8 days. At least on quick shower each day
    *Number of days sunning on beach.-- 8 days between showers

As good as it was it's always good to be home.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    This relevant to me as we are looking for a week of vacation during Christmas.

OP, did you book directly through the resort or 3rd party agency?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Booked through Scenic Stays that manages the property. Weather can be cold in Destin in December. I would look a little farther south myself.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We absolutely love Destin.

Did you get out to crab island? Try Boshamps for dinner or just oysters.

If you want a great captain, charter with Blue Escapes out of Fort Walton. Captain Charles is an air force veteran and great guy.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Booked through Scenic Stays that manages the property. Weather can be cold in Destin in December. I would look a little farther south myself.
    Roger that! We head down to Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, Fort Walton Beach et al fairly frequently in December, a habit started during my most recent stint of higher education, and it's not as warm as you'd think. Hell, they've had ice storms in January in Pensacola.

Key West should have pretty good weather but it was pricey down there pre-wuflu and has only gotten much worse since.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the pictures, I sure miss Florida.

We are heading down for the month of December, at least that is what we are planning on doing.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    That’s is next year at Panama City beach. Whole tribe of 14 going next year. Grandkids are always talking about it. Gated resort with 3 pools just off the beach. About a 3-4 minute walk to the beach. No worries just fun

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Roger that! We head down to Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, Fort Walton Beach et al fairly frequently in December, a habit started during my most recent stint of higher education, and it's not as warm as you'd think. Hell, they've had ice storms in January in Pensacola.

Key West should have pretty good weather but it was pricey down there pre-wuflu and has only gotten much worse since.
    Frontier adding non stop flight to key west from Indy!!

Or maybe allegiant. But the point is, SOMEONE is :D

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    We absolutely love Destin.

Did you get out to crab island? Try Boshamps for dinner or just oysters.

If you want a great captain, charter with Blue Escapes out of Fort Walton. Captain Charles is an air force veteran and great guy.
    No Boshamps this trip but we love the food there. We enjoyed Grafitti's Funky Blues Shack, great Italian food and the house Blues band was awesome. Is Blue Escapes a fishing charter? I want to take the grandson out when we get back there in October.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Frontier adding non stop flight to key west from Indy!!

Or maybe allegiant. But the point is, SOMEONE is :D
    Yeah we're going down in December but we'd already purchased our tickets from American. It is nice to see a non stop now, they even had a special a few weeks back; $59 one way and they actually had seats available! Started to book a return trip in January but that town has just gotten too damned expensive.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    We are looking at Destin because of the drive is closer to 1-day range without stopping on the way. Kids are 8 and 10, they don't care about the cold water as long as they can play sand on the beach. Heck we just came back from southern california, the water was 58 degrees(la Nina year) while the air temp was 100+.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    just got back myself. Wife wanted to go over Labor Day weekend. Hung out at Henderson Beach State Park. Get a photo session in on the beach. Sunned for 2 days, then back home. My Father bought a house in Clearview that he plans to flip. We talked him into keeping it so we have a landing pad on those long weekends. This trip we blew out a 3 month old Mastercraft tire in Birmingham at 2AM. Fun times indeed.

Top Bottom