Florida to become 26th Constitutional Carry State?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    :rockwoot:

Florida one step closer to giving DeSantis chance to make US a constitutional carry majority​

The bill, referred to by supporters as a constitutional carry law, passed the Republican-controlled House with 76 yes votes and 32 no votes on Friday afternoon, Click Orlando reported.

House Bill 543 would allow lawful gun owners in the state to carry without asking the government for a permit and without paying a fee. Those who wish to still obtain a permit can do so if the bill becomes law. The bill would also not change who can and cannot carry a firearm

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    :rockwoot:

Florida one step closer to giving DeSantis chance to make US a constitutional carry majority​

The bill, referred to by supporters as a constitutional carry law, passed the Republican-controlled House with 76 yes votes and 32 no votes on Friday afternoon, Click Orlando reported.

House Bill 543 would allow lawful gun owners in the state to carry without asking the government for a permit and without paying a fee. Those who wish to still obtain a permit can do so if the bill becomes law. The bill would also not change who can and cannot carry a firearm

It's s big thing but I'm not sure where the 1 problem i see is going to affect "adult" in Florida. Problem is, the law says a citizen must be 21 to carry. If the law once again says you are an adult at age 18, then why exclude age group 18 to 20. There are many under the age of 21 with cc permits and the Florida law would say they wouldn't be legal??

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's s big thing but I'm not sure where the 1 problem i see is going to affect "adult" in Florida. Problem is, the law says a citizen must be 21 to carry. If the law once again says you are an adult at age 18, then why exclude age group 18 to 20. There are many under the age of 21 with cc permits and the Florida law would say they wouldn't be legal??
    You are correct. It's important to review the State laws when traveling outside the friendly confines of the Great State of Indiana. Even for those of us who haven't been under-21 for a very long time.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    You are correct. It's important to review the State laws when traveling outside the friendly confines of the Great State of Indiana. Even for those of us who haven't been under-21 for a very long time.
    I brought it up cause my daughter's boyfriend is under 21 and has an indiana cc permit. He also has to wait like 14 days to get a proceed when he bought his shotgun last month.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Waiting for Florida Senate to pass it which is all but a 100% sure thing, and DeSantis to sign and make it so . . .
    :popcorn: ;)

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Constitutional carry would apply for residents of the state. If you check USCCA, Indiana has reciprocity with FL for 21+. Until that changes on their site, I'm going to defer to them.

I'm of the opinion that if you're not a resident of the state, CC doesn't apply. IANAL and my opinion is not always popular.

"Constitutional carry: Constitutional carry means that the state’s law does not prohibit citizens who can legally possess a firearm from carrying handguns, (openly and/or in a concealed manner) thus no state permit is required. Sometimes, constitutional carry may be conditional such as in those states that have no laws prohibiting the open carry of a handgun but which require a permit to carry the handgun concealed."

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I brought it up cause my daughter's boyfriend is under 21 and has an indiana cc permit. He also has to wait like 14 days to get a proceed when he bought his shotgun last month.
    That's the BS the 18-20 year olds are having to deal with thanks to the BS Communities Act. Bribes for Red Flag laws, the "swiped right loophole", thanks a lot Todd Young!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That's the BS the 18-20 year olds are having to deal with thanks to the BS Communities Act. Bribes for Red Flag laws, the "swiped right loophole", thanks a lot Todd Young!
    I hope he's getting an earful about it - emphatically, but without a string of expletives - at his local "town hall" type meetings with constituents. He needs to know folks are not happy about it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Constitutional carry would apply for residents of the state. If you check USCCA, Indiana has reciprocity with FL for 21+. Until that changes on their site, I'm going to defer to them.

I'm of the opinion that if you're not a resident of the state, CC doesn't apply. IANAL and my opinion is not always popular.

"Constitutional carry: Constitutional carry means that the state’s law does not prohibit citizens who can legally possess a firearm from carrying handguns, (openly and/or in a concealed manner) thus no state permit is required. Sometimes, constitutional carry may be conditional such as in those states that have no laws prohibiting the open carry of a handgun but which require a permit to carry the handgun concealed."
    I think Guy Relford mentioned a time or two on his show that the only state that has cc and does not extend that to non-residents is North Dakota. (It’s one of those states out that way and I think that’s the one).

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    18-20 year olds don't even want to learn to drive anymore. I have no faith in their ability to do anything, let alone carry a firearm.

My wife is a cognitive memory researcher and has a Ph.D in the field of cognitive developmental psychology. Unpopular opinion, I'm not sure an 18 year old should be carrying a gun to begin with. Yeah, yeah, military, blah, blah. I get it, but without training and fully developed frontal lobes, decision making is impaired and reasoning isn't fully developed yet. And that's at a RESTING state.

*insert educated crotchety old man noises*

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I hope he's getting an earful about it - emphatically, but without a string of expletives - at his local "town hall" type meetings with constituents. He needs to know folks are not happy about it.

If his ears are like his skull, the're full of ****.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've officially been 21 three times now! :):
    Had beer in the checkout at Meijer tonight. The self-checkouts will often ask for ID when you have beer so I had mine in my hand. The cashier actually laughed when I went to show her my ID :(

My wife thought it was hilarious.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    After Stacks Pancake House in Plainfield last June when he ran into an INGO buzzsaw that included @cbhausen , @1nderbeard , @chipbennett , @JEBland and myself (not to mention a lot of really angry old people. When I say old, I mean me and cbhausen would've lowered the average age in this group significantly) a certain Indiana Senator is more or less doing drive-by meetings and not announcing it.

Reactions: JAL
    Top Bottom