• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility, but for sure I might be a tad skeptical, and if I am completely honest, probably would pass. And if I were doing the instructing, I am sure I would be appropriately dressed for a professional training/presentation session, just like I would not wear flip flops to my meetings at work, or training/classes I am attending. Having said that, I do live in REEF (exclusively) flip flops when not at work (boots) during the summer! Around the property, fishing, my boat, hanging with friends, out with the wife. I wear them all the time and never feel at a disadvantage while carrying, which is all the time. I don't feel the need to always be dressed looking like I just stepped off a commercial for 5.11 to be tactically prepared. Now I will add this, FWIW...I would NEVER spend my summers in cheapo "Dollar General" issue flip flips. Those are just plain bad for your feet!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I cannot overstate my hate for flip flops.
    Same. I own a pair and they get worn a couple times a year on vacation when I have to go to the beach and dont want to wear my shoes to walk to the beach. Or if I have to go to a public shower for some reason. Other than that, nope.

And some of y'all have serious foot care issues. Cuz ya'lls toes is NASTY. Either fungus ridden, nails long enough that you could use them to climb trees, etc. :puke:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Same. I own a pair and they get worn a couple times a year on vacation when I have to go to the beach and dont want to wear my shoes to walk to the beach. Or if I have to go to a public shower for some reason. Other than that, nope.

And some of y'all have serious foot care issues. Cuz ya'lls toes is NASTY. Either fungus ridden, nails long enough that you could use them to climb trees, etc. :puke:

Bold and underlined.
    Flip flops are for the beach or public shower. No man other then the DUDE, should be wearing flip flops as footwear.
    They have never graced my feet, and never will.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Cool. How do you keep them on when you run?

I've actually run in them and didn't have an issue. I do want to get a pair of these, though, but they don't flip or flop...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bold and underlined.
    Flip flops are for the beach or public shower. No man other then the DUDE, should be wearing flip flops as footwear.
    They have never graced my feet, and never will.
    Yeah, dont get me started. I was at a hotel in Toledo last month for my daughter's cheer competition. I went out to the car to pick up a pizza and there were 3 "dad bros" and their crotchfruit standing in the middle of the canopy covered drive. All 3 dads were wearing flip flops. Little brats were playing footsie with their soccer balls and goofing off in the middle of the drive as people tried to come and go. Their crap was all over the sidewalk so that I could barely walk on it. And bros were absolutely oblivious to their surroundings.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've actually run in them and didn't have an issue. I do want to get a pair of these, though, but they don't flip or flop...

$130???

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Yeah, dont get me started. I was at a hotel in Toledo last month for my daughter's cheer competition. I went out to the car to pick up a pizza and there were 3 "dad bros" and their crotchfruit standing in the middle of the canopy covered drive. All 3 dads were wearing flip flops. Little brats were playing footsie with their soccer balls and goofing off in the middle of the drive as people tried to come and go. Their crap was all over the sidewalk so that I could barely walk on it. And bros were absolutely oblivious to their surroundings.
    Parents during those kinds of competitions at hotels are the absolute worst... and it's got nothing to do with their footwear.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Seems like "running" in flip flops would take some unavailable concentration in a self-defense situation?

I wear Chacos when I fish, but you won't catch me out in them otherwise. They are strapped on and wear like shoes when running.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom