• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I am thinking of having a custom Flintlock Rifle made in the Lancaster School style maybe coping J. Graeff or Henry Albright rifles. Has anyone had a custom rifle built for you, if so who. I have a SMR coming built on a Kibler kit. but just want a custom built to my size and wants. I want a 13" pull, set triggers etc. Need some names of good builders as this is an area I have not gone.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville

I've had a few customs built and bought/sold others over the years when I was really into trekking. I've had rifles from Mike Brooks, Jackie Brown and Jack Hubbard. Mike Brooks builds a nice rifle.

Mike Davis built my pride and joy about 20-25 years ago under the direction and with help from Herschel House. It is as close to a House rifle as I'll ever get. It is a beautiful SW Virginia rifle with all hand forged iron hardware. The entire rifle is aged and looks original and well used. It sports a swamped 46" .54 cal. barrel, sliding wooden patch box and pewter end cap. It is an absolute heirloom piece and I will not trade it or sell it for the world.

Dirty Steve

Top Bottom