• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    A local antique shop hosted a 3 day flea market over the weekend. It was like we stepped into the 80’s again. Antiques, car parts, knives, miscellaneous cool stuff, guns and NO t-shirt stands. On Sunday I brought home a 1940 Winchester model 75, went back Monday and bought home a Winchester model 67 and a Mossberg model 151M (b). All three shoot great, for obvious reasons the 75 has bit of an advantage in accuracy.

Attachments

• IMG_8414.jpeg
      IMG_8414.jpeg
      372 KB · Views: 87
    • IMG_8419.jpeg
      IMG_8419.jpeg
      509.4 KB · Views: 87

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Those old Mossbergs are hidden gems.
    Most are incredibly accurate and very robust.
    Not the prettiest, but utilitarian in every respect.
    I have a 144 that found me for $50 more than 3 decades ago and I will not part with it while I'm alive.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    Those old Mossbergs are hidden gems.
    Most are incredibly accurate and very robust.
    Not the prettiest, but utilitarian in every respect.
    I have a 144 that found me for $50 more than 3 decades ago and I will not part with it while I'm alive.
    In addition to the 151M, I also have a model 25, B46B and a 44 (US). All are good shooters.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    The rifle functions flawlessly, but I had to replace the scope. After 10 shots going every which direction, I realized the reticle was broken. So now it has a 70’s Weaver on it.
    The reticles on those old rifles can sometimes be replaced if it’s ‘user serviceable.’

I replaced the crosshairs on my unertl 8x on my 1903A1 without MUCH trouble, but boy oh boy was it a pain in the arse getting the reticle to thread around the screws without breaking the wire. The gauge of the wire is so thin, it’s barely visible to the human eye.

If you still have the scope and want me to try retreading it for you, PM me and I’ll shoot you my address. Just be patient because I have a lot of projects and just pay for return shipping.

Great idea for a thread OP, but I’m not sure I needed another reason to be jealous of you all!

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    The reticles on those old rifles can sometimes be replaced if it’s ‘user serviceable.’

I replaced the crosshairs on my unertl 8x on my 1903A1 without MUCH trouble, but boy oh boy was it a pain in the arse getting the reticle to thread around the screws without breaking the wire. The gauge of the wire is so thin, it’s barely visible to the human eye.

If you still have the scope and want me to try retreading it for you, PM me and I’ll shoot you my address. Just be patient because I have a lot of projects and just pay for return shipping.

Great idea for a thread OP, but I’m not sure I needed another reason to be jealous of you all!
    I appreciate the offer but I think I'll stick with the Weaver for now.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Congrats. I always find books and children’s clothing when I go.
    Are those right next to the over used underwear?

Back in the 90's I was at a yard sale near Pilot Knob down here in Crawford county. The guy had an IH M1 Garand for $350 and I passed. I want to go back in time and tell him that rifle will appreciate more than those two kids I had but it wasn't true then or now. Still wish I had that gun tho...

Brayh92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2023
    Owensburg
    I can't ever find anything gun wise that's not over priced when I go to flea markets. Pawn shops tend to be where I find most of the guns I'm after these days.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I haven't seen a firearm in an antique shop for a long time around here, nice finds. Closest the region had was Fetlas barrel-o-guns, miss those days! I guess its too much hassle for the antique stores to get an ffl?
    I used Fetlas as one of my gun holster distributors for years before they closed. I think I sold quite a few canoes that came from there also. I sure miss all those guns on the pegboards all over the place! Truly last of it's kind!!

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    I used Fetlas as one of my gun holster distributors for years before they closed. I think I sold quite a few canoes that came from there also. I sure miss all those guns on the pegboards all over the place! Truly last of it's kind!!
    Can't drive past there on rt2 without reminiscing a bit, I think its a construction supply house now. But not to hijack thread, I did see a brass screw barrel cap& ball at an anique store
    Everytime I drive past on rt2 can't help reminiscing, good times... I think its a construction supply house now. But not to hijack thread, I did see a brass repro screw barrel muff pistol at an antique store, not exactly modern but it does go bang. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 40 yrs!

Top Bottom