• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Didn’t get any traction on my other post, trying it here.

Looking to pick up a surplus FLC and some mag pouches. Is it accurate when they say “one size fits most”? The listing I’m looking at says up to XXL.

I’m 6-3, 290 and wear a 2XLT shirt. Will that work for me?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK. Now it makes sense. I thought those were called LBVs. (load bearing vests)

AKA "bulletproof vests" by the MSM whenever a shooter straps on a chest rig. :rolleyes:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

AKA "bulletproof vests" by the MSM whenever a shooter straps on a chest rig. :rolleyes:
    They were the newfangled LBV circa GWOT.

This is the original LBV:

1650674095763.jpeg

Which of course upgraded from the Vietnam pistol belt and suspenders.

As for the FLC, they are pretty darn adaptable and a good solution for the new shooter looking to get into gear. The front zipper makes it easy to get into, but I’ve seen guys load pouches over top of it, then flip the belt around backwards to clip in the back and turn it into a chest rig.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Didn’t get any traction on my other post, trying it here.

Looking to pick up a surplus FLC and some mag pouches. Is it accurate when they say “one size fits most”? The listing I’m looking at says up to XXL.

I’m 6-3, 290 and wear a 2XLT shirt. Will that work for me?
    I'm a big guy too. Just be sure you can return it for a different size. To small is very bad so is to big if it won't adjust properly.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

That's what we used to call them LBV. My boys tell me that they have a different name for just about everything nowadays. They kept asking about my old ACU's. I had no clue at that time it was BDU's not ACU's.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm a big guy too. Just be sure you can return it for a different size. To small is very bad so is to big if it won't adjust properly.
    Update, fits just fine. Kind of tricky to get the back straps adjusted, but there are a ton of YouTube videos out there and I'm G2G.

I got some grenade pouches thinking they might work for pistol mags, but they're a bit too tight. Guess I need to pick up the real think.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Update, fits just fine. Kind of tricky to get the back straps adjusted, but there are a ton of YouTube videos out there and I'm G2G.

I got some grenade pouches thinking they might work for pistol mags, but they're a bit too tight. Guess I need to pick up the real think.
    Definitely. If this is going to be a work/SHTF rig, NEVER substitute. ALWAYS use a proper, quality, purpose built item.

Now if its a range toy for something like 2 gun, etc then by all means, substitute away!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I just bought some very practical magazine pouches and they work great so far. Here is a link.

15% off with code:spring15

jdeanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN

Don't forget you can configure to zip up the front like a vest, or buckle on the back like a more modern chest rig. Especially for switching a load between armor and slick (mostly for lighter duty hot weather training. Looking at you, ft. stupid.), they're hard to beat for the money and durability.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom