• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tcherry93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I'm really wanting to find a flat range in Indiana that allows running and gunning drills. Basically wanting a range at least similar to what Lucas Botkin shoots at. Are there any of those in Indiana?

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    Bare arms has an outdoor range that allows range rentals. They have a store location but the outdoor range is at a property (on google it’s labeled fox prairie gun range).

Bass and buck has run and gun competitions. About an hour from Carmel.

Pro teq in brazil near terre haute has competitions. (They are having a free shoot day next weekend so you should check it out). An hour from plainfield

Hoosier national forest is great if you want to do your own thing with your own targets. This is what I do. You are welcome to join
    Joining a conservancy group like Atlanta conservancy club or others will give you access to shoot on their properties (hard part is getting in. The best thing to do is go to one of their classes, meet some guys there and hope one of them is willing to sponsor you to become a member.

The other option is to buy land outside of a city limits and you can shoot on that depending on the county restrictions.

Option c is make friends with a farmer or someone who has a ton of land and maybe they would let you shoot on their property. The options are limitless!

jdeanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    I second the public land use. Do so responsibly, cause it's YOUR land. Plus, you'll get plenty of exercise getting deep enough to not make an ordeal of the activity.

Tcherry93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Bare arms has an outdoor range that allows range rentals. They have a store location but the outdoor range is at a property (on google it’s labeled fox prairie gun range).

Bass and buck has run and gun competitions. About an hour from Carmel.

Pro teq in brazil near terre haute has competitions. (They are having a free shoot day next weekend so you should check it out). An hour from plainfield

Hoosier national forest is great if you want to do your own thing with your own targets. This is what I do. You are welcome to join
    Joining a conservancy group like Atlanta conservancy club or others will give you access to shoot on their properties (hard part is getting in. The best thing to do is go to one of their classes, meet some guys there and hope one of them is willing to sponsor you to become a member.

The other option is to buy land outside of a city limits and you can shoot on that depending on the county restrictions.

Option c is make friends with a farmer or someone who has a ton of land and maybe they would let you shoot on their property. The options are limitless!
    Yeah I'm wanting to start by doing it by myself. I eventually wouldn't mind trying out competitions but want to get comfortable with it first so I don't make a fool of myself. Haha. Are you able to do this type of stuff at Bear Arms? From what I read on their website it didn't sound like you could. They don't even allow you to wear a sling on the range per their rules on their website. How does it work taking targets to the Hoosier National Forest? Do they have areas designated for that type of stuff, or do you just go and find an empty clearing and hope no ones around?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Definitely hit up Proteq. I could see a possibility of running the platinum range road. It is a loop. But Im not sure if as you pass the platinum bench if the road goes forward of the line and whether it would be safe to run while somebody is using that range.

Knowing Don and Stephen, If it can be done, they'll help you do it.

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    Yeah I'm wanting to start by doing it by myself. I eventually wouldn't mind trying out competitions but want to get comfortable with it first so I don't make a fool of myself. Haha. Are you able to do this type of stuff at Bear Arms? From what I read on their website it didn't sound like you could. They don't even allow you to wear a sling on the range per their rules on their website. How does it work taking targets to the Hoosier National Forest? Do they have areas designated for that type of stuff, or do you just go and find an empty clearing and hope no ones around?

Target shooting in HNF is pretty much finding a spot (exception of Charles dean wilderness area) and as long as you are 150 ft from roads, trails, campsites, buildings, or water, shooting in a safe direction, you are good to go. Keep in mind, there are forest rangers and game wardens that may check on you if you are blasting away since they will obviously hear the sound within a mile or 2. Make sure to clean up your brass or you could get fined by a warden or forest personnel.

Additionally check the Hoosier forest website for closures and other rules. They have a section on recreational shooting

Top Bottom