• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Anyone using these for torqueing fasteners on their guns? They look nice. Has me thinking about upgrading from my Wheeler FAT wrench that I've used for years.

https://store.fixitsticks.com/

View attachment 142731
    I too have been fascinated by these. Looks handy enough for range bag carry. And would solve most minor problems on a range trip. Needs a multi section .22 caliber brass rod for knocking stuck spent case out of the chamber and would be nearly perfect.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I almost pulled the trigger more than once, especially during the holiday sales.

I think like their more recent $100ish version with the universal torque adapter?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I bought my set long before those all-in-one attachments came out, but the set I have is specifically for my 700 (although I do use it for pretty much everything else).

For more specific torque settings at home, I use the Vortex torque wrench. I like it more than the fat wrench I have.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Got my set in one of my first tac packs.
    Super handy, have used them for rifle maintenance and a few other odd jobs. Prob my fav thing from tac pack.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    From what I read, the all in one torque driver doesn't click/ratchet like the other preset ones. So you have to visually look at the dial each time. I think it makes it a no in my book.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I order a kit this morning BEFORE seeing your post.

I did get the "all in one" but I intend to use this for a tool kit in my range bag so it fits my needs.

Turbo also has some also...

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    From what I read, the all in one torque driver doesn't click/ratchet like the other preset ones. So you have to visually look at the dial each time. I think it makes it a no in my book.

This is no different than beam torque wrenches and I like it in this tool. No having to set the torque each time and than setting it back to zero to protect it.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks and have used it several times at home. Glad I got it for the range bag.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Anyone using these for torqueing fasteners on their guns? They look nice. Has me thinking about upgrading from my Wheeler FAT wrench that I've used for years.

https://store.fixitsticks.com/

View attachment 142731
    Hate you,, DOGG ! :D
    I've been happily using my FAT wrench for several years .... even have carried it in my range bag (but never needed it at the range).
    So .... I need these cool tools like a hole in the head .... but like THE Bandit, I must have some, or all of these puppies.
    Oh well, I'm sure my wife needed help with a Father's Day gift idea .... yeah, that's it ! :alright:

Edit: my 10% off coupon is already in my mailbox !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This is a solid price should this option appeal to you.

You're correct ... it is solid. But, I have most all of those tools in other kits..... the bolt scrapers, and so forth.
    BUT ....dang you Bandit ! ..... I don't have them all in one convenient place ! ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    You're correct ... it is solid. But, I have most all of those tools in other kits..... the bolt scrapers, and so forth.
    BUT ....dang you Bandit ! ..... I don't have them all in one convenient place ! ;)

I was going after a mostly “all in one” range tool kit and bought the below. Will add a small hammer and a set of pliers or two and be good to go.

and yea - the all in one - all in one place appealed greatly.

YMMV

9a5403ee0744bd0cc60af145b5c54d1f.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Hate you,, DOGG ! :D
    I've been happily using my FAT wrench for several years .... even have carried it in my range bag (but never needed it at the range).
    So .... I need these cool tools like a hole in the head .... but like THE Bandit, I must have some, or all of these puppies.
    Oh well, I'm sure my wife needed help with a Father's Day gift idea .... yeah, that's it ! :alright:

Edit: my 10% off coupon is already in my mailbox !
    Coupon? Oh do tell...

Top Bottom