• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Confused again, when I moved to Indiana a year ago I got the five year but have now decided to get the lifetime. I did the initial application and paid the first fee on line. When I go back to my application status page it tells me it is waiting on fingerprints. However the ISP also sent me an e-mail that says the application has been sent to my local police for approval. So which is it and do I need to get fingerprinted again, seems to me they are already on file. I may be going past the local Sheriff's office in the next day or so and will stop in and ask, thinking I may get a faster answer here. Thanks, Jim.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Confused again, when I moved to Indiana a year ago I got the five year but have now decided to get the lifetime. I did the initial application and paid the first fee on line. When I go back to my application status page it tells me it is waiting on fingerprints. However the ISP also sent me an e-mail that says the application has been sent to my local police for approval. So which is it and do I need to get fingerprinted again, seems to me they are already on file. I may be going past the local Sheriff's office in the next day or so and will stop in and ask, thinking I may get a faster answer here. Thanks, Jim.
    It's cool Jim, I get confused most days ;)

There was a delay from the actual fingerprinting to the locals from what I remember (5 days maybe, included a weekend) but that was from the contractor.

What you've described is required by IC 35-47 (I'm wanting to say 2-3, could be wrong/it's early) that ISP must maintain fingerprints for this specific purpose.

OK, back to the issue at hand: contact your local PD (in person if possible) if more than 7 calendar days have passed. It may be a "someone needs to hit refresh" issue or something.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Before the lifetime license, you had to be fingerprinted each time you renewed. When I told the official they already had my prints, she said they didn't keep them for handgun licenses. Apparently they just checked them against the criminals they had on file or just required them to make getting a license more difficult and scare the bad actors who might do wrong.

Top Bottom