Five llamas in Louisville killed overnight in mysterious attack.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Supposedly we have a big cat on the loose around my moms place ,Montpelier it was supposedly confirmed by a vet that a large cat mauled a horse by Hartford City and it moved north.. caught on a trail cam outside of Montpelier...maybe it’s a conspiracy

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Supposedly we have a big cat on the loose around my moms place ,Montpelier it was supposedly confirmed by a vet that a large cat mauled a horse by Hartford City and it moved north.. caught on a trail cam outside of Montpelier...maybe it’s a conspiracy
    DNR did it, I read it on INGO.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    It was a pissed off Pug.

[video=youtube;ZoCzBu_qXDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCzBu_qXDo[/video]

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Not always...I ran a trapline and once had a mink kill five of the muskrats on my line....Just bit them in the throat and left them there...I've heard weasels will do the same....

yes, you are correct there, i should have said any predator large enough to kill those would probably not do mass killing.. it reduces the food supply..

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Holy cow (Llama?) that was a terrible website.
    Yeah, well, it’s only one of the biggest liberal POS bird cage liners in the country. I had to get on there awhile back to look for an obituary of a relative of mine, damn, I felt dirty after that!

As to the story, that sounds like the work of a chupacabra!

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Not always...I ran a trapline and once had a mink kill five of the muskrats on my line....Just bit them in the throat and left them there...I've heard weasels will do the same....

I don't think Minks or Weasels are big enough to kill five Llamas. I guess if one stood on the other's shoulders... but still doubtful.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't think Minks or Weasels are big enough to kill five Llamas. I guess if one stood on the other's shoulders... but still doubtful.

I was responding to his comment about wild animals not killing things for s**ts and giggles...I pointed out that some wild animals do, in fact, kill for S**ts and giggles....

I wasn't saying that is what took down the llama....But they would if they could....:)
    la-na-mink-released-20170718.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    As Chez said - a llama will lay waste to a coyote. Or many coyote. A pack of llama will be a hard target for a pack of dogs. I suppose it COULD happen...

Big cats aren't the wanton killers that domestic house cats are.

There ARE diseases that llama can get. If they were all sick, i can see them not being able to defend. Dumb question - did it thunder storm in that area the night before they were discovered?

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I was responding to his comment about wild animals not killing things for s**ts and giggles...I pointed out that some wild animals do, in fact, kill for S**ts and giggles....

I wasn't saying that is what took down the llama....But they would if they could....:)
    la-na-mink-released-20170718.jpg

He does look kind of fierce, with beady little eyes.... the kind of animal that would stand on his buddy's shoulders to wantonly kill a herd of llamas! :):

Top Bottom