Fitting Mossberg 500 wood furniture "3/4th action slide"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Hello everyone, I'm really tempted on replacing the cheap looking polymer furniture on my Mossy 500 for factory OEM wood, but the website states the forend is for a "3/4th" action slide? I have the standard 500 with a 7 shot tube and I am unsure what to look for to see if my tube is the correct size? Any helpful insight is greatly appreciated. thanks Screenshot_20210912-180041_Samsung Internet.jpg

Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    I think that is the length of the tube that is within the plastic pump grip. I know I had gotten a plastic for my wood a long time ago and had to do some fitting of the pump grip to get it to thread together.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Mossberg uses two size action tubes. 6 3/4 and 7 3/4.

“Most” 18 inch barrel models use the 7 3/4. Most.

Most of the factory wood models and 14 inch barrel use the 6 3/4.

If your action tube is the 7 3/4, hogue makes an extended nut that you can use the 6 3/4 on a 7 3/4 gun.

Going the other way is much more difficult.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    There’s a picture on that page that illustrates what they mean by the sizes.

Thank you for the link amd information everyone. I appreciate all the help. Unfortunately the wood stocks are currently out of stock so I'll have to wait on the forend.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    What size do you need and what are you wanting? I have a lot of take offs I'd be willing to part with.
    I haven't been able to make up my mind on the forend between fully checkered or corn cob...but i have seen some forend's with the checkering with no corn cob that i do kinda like. Preferably would like walnut for both pump and stock to match the walnut on my BHP but any type of wood is better than the cheapo plastic that's on it now.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I haven't been able to make up my mind on the forend between fully checkered or corn cob...but i have seen some forend's with the checkering with no corn cob that i do kinda like. Preferably would like walnut for both pump and stock to match the walnut on my BHP but any type of wood is better than the cheapo plastic that's on it now.
    I love cheapo plastic.
    I find that the nicer a gun looks, the less I use them.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I love cheapo plastic.
    I find that the nicer a gun looks, the less I use them.
    I'm the same way usually but the Mossberg is just a basic 500 with an extended tube and the bluing has already got scratches from use and being in a truck. I mainly just want the wood furniture for the added weight during recoil and I do like the look with the finish being blued.

Top Bottom