• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    My oldest son and I kayaked Sardis lower lake in MS Monday. There isn't a size limit there, just the 15 creel limit for crappie. I had a double jig set up on my 4 rods and kept 11 that were 9 to 14 inches. He had 2 rods with single jigs and was casting crank baits with the 3rd. He kept 9 crappie and 4 bass. 9 of the 14 catfish we caught were big enough and given to others.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My childhood friend and I were fishing the Kokomo Reservoir last week. We were just flipping artificial lures and he had a couple drum he hooked. They fight pretty good for trash fish. We were amazed that a vegetarian type fish were interested in our minnow looking lures.
    20220622_125230.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My childhood friend and I were fishing the Kokomo Reservoir last week. We were just flipping artificial lures and he had a couple drum he hooked. They fight pretty good for trash fish. We were amazed that a vegetarian type fish were interested in our minnow looking lures.
    Drum are predatory fish, while the feed primarily on insects, mussels, and crawfish, they will readily eat small fish as well. They are not all that different than their larger saltwater relatives.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Drum are predatory fish, while the feed primarily on insects, mussels, and crawfish, they will readily eat small fish as well. They are not all that different than their larger saltwater relatives.
    And here I thought they were vegan!
    Thanks for the lesson and. Fish On!!!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    And here I thought they were vegan!
    Thanks for the lesson and. Fish On!!!
    When I used to fillet them for work, the larger they were, the more likely they were to have fish in their stomachs but many of the smaller ones did as well. Rattle traps and blade baits catch them frequently in the right areas. On the lower East Fork people target them by drifting hellgrammites in riffle areas.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Went to the river this afternoon. Figured I'd try to find some catfish.
    Hooked into a few of these instead, one got off and it was easily the biggest one I had ever hooked into View attachment 208709 View attachment 208710 .
    Had a spot that was full of em. They would destroy spinner baits and any other lures. I caught a huge one and cut it open and found 13 large crayfish in it's stomach. They had the consistency of mashed potatoes and were bright orange from it's stomach acid. These things will eat anything they can fit in their mouth.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom