• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • little mrs.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Today I decided it was time to take my new pistol to the range and see what she was all about. I have to admit I was a little nervous at first, since I am use to shooting a P22, and now am shooting a M&P 9.

I took my first shot and the recoil wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. I finished off the rest of the clip and was really surprised how comfortable it felt. Needless to say, after shooting 150 rounds or so, I am very happy with my purchase. Thanks to Pami for talking to me about it at the 1500, and suggesting a 9mm.

I do have to add that my husband surprised me though, and didn't ask to shoot my gun until I had put a clip through it. Thanks hun!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    :woot:

Not the P250 I was hoping for, but it's still a 9mm! That's awesome! Now you just need to get addicted to training, too. :D

PS... it's a magazine, not a clip. :D (It took Lars about 4 months for me to stop calling it a clip, too).

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Just to clarify, not insult, a clip is a device that holds the rounds exposed and used to intert ammunition into a firearm or magazine. a magazine is a container with a spring that holds ammunition and when inserted into the gun supplies the firearm with its ammunition.

this is a clip
    garand_clip.jpg

this is a magazine

Glock9.jpg

Hope that helped. Sometimes seeing the differance is all it takes. Keep us posted on how you like the 9mm!!!

little mrs.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Thanks, I had to ask my husband what the difference was this morning. Didn't take it as an insult at all, I learned something I didn't know! Pictures definitely clarified the difference. Thanks again!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The M&P is a very nice gun, congrats and welcome!

The whole clip vs magazine thing is like fingernails on a chalkboard to some very anal people... lots and lots of fun if you have a mean streak in you :D

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I do have to add that my husband surprised me though, and didn't ask to shoot my gun until I had put a clip through it...

... and that's I told him to go get his own gun. :):

Welcome! +1 for a good choice.

Will this be a carry gun?

Top Bottom