First time truck owner, have a question.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Hey all, so to pad this post a little. I'll share a back story.

Right before the world **** down I bought a dodge charger police car. V8 Hemi had a blast with it. So much fun to drive.
    But I've got a thing I'm working on that requires I have a truck. So I traded the car for a dodge ram 1500 V8 hemi, lifted big tires, etc etc.

My first car was a station wagon, second was a jeep Cherokee, third is the Wrangler I still have and love.

So this is my very first truck. I've owned it for a few weeks. I've been all through it. Been in the bed, through all the various storage thingys inside looked under the seats. I've even crawled under to run wires for a winch power plug I installed on it. And for the life of me I can not find my standard issue "**** Biden" or Trump flag.

I'm confused I thought those flags came standard with big trucks. Theres not even a confederate flag to be found.

So did I get scammed or something from the guy I got it from?

Wtf!

IMG_20210901_190717_01.jpg received_871457423575673.jpeg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hey all, so to pad this post a little. I'll share a back story.

Right before the world **** down I bought a dodge charger police car. V8 Hemi had a blast with it. So much fun to drive.
    But I've got a thing I'm working on that requires I have a truck. So I traded the car for a dodge ram 1500 V8 hemi, lifted big tires, etc etc.

My first car was a station wagon, second was a jeep Cherokee, third is the Wrangler I still have and love.

So this is my very first truck. I've owned it for a few weeks. I've been all through it. Been in the bed, through all the various storage thingys inside looked under the seats. I've even crawled under to run wires for a winch power plug I installed on it. And for the life of me I can not find my standard issue "**** Biden" or Trump flag.

I'm confused I thought those flags came standard with big trucks. Theres not even a confederate flag to be found.

So did I get scammed or something from the guy I got it from?

Wtf!

View attachment 159175 View attachment 159176
    Lose the gay blue lights. Make sure the trailer hitch hasn't rusted out. Drive like you have sense.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    That’s not a truck. That’s an urban limo. A truck is somewhat beat up with mud from the dirt road to the house.

Nice looking limo though!
    The pictures are taken to side all the dents dings scratches and rust lol. It's not that pretty in real life....much like women on dating sites.

Lose the gay blue lights. Make sure the trailer hitch hasn't rusted out. Drive like you have sense.
    Lights will do any color, I didn't install them and don't use them.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Was the "guy" you purchased from wearing skinny jeans with a man bun?

Maybe your "truck" self identifies as a VW bug. ;-)
    Nope, seemed like a gear head type. His wife was upset he was getting rid of the truck. She seemed like your typical girl that likes truck guys.

This is def a city boy truck.

Easy guys. I have seen far worse and so have you.
    no OP those are extras out of pocket :laugh6:
    Depending on what it set you back not bad for a 1st effort.
    All jokes are fair game. I've heard all the small dick jokes already.

I paid $5500 for the charger and it was a straight trade for the truck. He had it listed at $6500.

I def need a truck more than a car right now so I'd say it was a trade up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nope, seemed like a gear head type. His wife was upset he was getting rid of the truck. She seemed like your typical girl that likes truck guys.

This is def a city boy truck.

All jokes are fair game. I've heard all the small dick jokes already.

I paid $5500 for the charger and it was a straight trade for the truck. He had it listed at $6500.

I def need a truck more than a car right now so I'd say it was a trade up.
    And that’s all that matters.
    makes no difference what you buy someone is gonna rub you about the brand.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Only problem I see is it’s a dodge. Hope you’re good at changing out tensioner, water pumps, transmissions…
    I have one just about like it. Don't forget the front end rebuild every five years, and the rust above the rear wheel well and below the doors. Wish there was a vaccine for rust:crying:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I have one just about like it. Don't forget the front end rebuild every five years, and the rust above the rear wheel well and below the doors. Wish there was a vaccine for rust:crying:
    I had a 2001 Ram I bought from my uncle for $500 in I think 2014. I put three tensioners on it, put a rebuilt tranny in it, did both front wheel bearings, did three water pumps and sold it when all of the brake lines rusted out. Never had a chrysler product that was worth anything except for the ‘69 charger I inherited from my grandfather.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    That truck came with either a flagpole or ground effect lights from the factory. Your guy obviously got the lights.

There should be a set of "Calvin peeing on ford/Chevy, but I am sure those are long gone. Dude probably gave them to his woman for valentines day.

I love my 1500. I have ran it back and forth from the rockies to indiana a handful of times and drove it daily through four winters with over 14 ft of snowfall each year.

I see a ton of ram trucks in the mountains. There are more Toyota trucks up here, but ram is probably a solid second.

I bought mine new and have put 112k miles on it. If I had to replace it tomorrow, I would be looking for another just like it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a 2001 Ram I bought from my uncle for $500 in I think 2014. I put three tensioners on it, put a rebuilt tranny in it, did both front wheel bearings, did three water pumps and sold it when all of the brake lines rusted out. Never had a chrysler product that was worth anything except for the ‘69 charger I inherited from my grandfather.
    The whole brake line idiocy was a GM thing or so I thought. My 04 got a few patches on it until the lines let go right at the anti-lock brain box. I paid to have that done. Line “Kits” in stock at your local NAPA store so go figure.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Since the tires stick out past the wheel wells and no add on fenders, I assume it at least came with truck nuts?

My neighbor has one of a similar year and it still looks like it rolled off the showroom floor. He washes and waxes it pretty often, but it's completely rust free as a result. My 2012 is still rust free. Avoid dents and scratches, seal them if they occur, wash/wax, and something like kroil treatment before winter and it'll stay nicer longer.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Must have traded the flags for the front led light bar. That’s your daytime driving lights and should remain on at all times, day and night, when driving for safety reasons.

Top Bottom