First time truck owner, have a question.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This happened to a friend of mine.
    New motor needed.

It had something to do with a fuel saving feature?
    There are a couple of Youtube videos where dealer mechanics are showing problems with some kind of new lifters for the fuel savings on Chevy V-8 engines. Problems, as in tow it back to the shop and walk home problems. I guess when you vehicle is sitting at the dealer, it is not using any gas.

Today's cars are frustrating.

I have had many different brands and types of cars since 1970, and they were all pretty good. I am a person that gets things fixed promptly, even if it is just a bulb in the dash. It appears that new cars need a lot more than routine maintenance and minor repairs. When a truck costs $50-$60,000 and people finance them for 7 years, it would be nice if they would run that long.

I have been talking with a fiend and seriously thinking about getting something like a rust free '78 Lincoln from Arizona and having a complete rebuild/ repaint. Even if I put $30,000 in it, it will be way cheaper than any new premium car. I would have a roomy, full sized car. I also will not have to be on a first name basis with the dealer service manager.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I need to start my truck and at least let it run. Really should at least take it around the block a couple of times. It hasn't seen any love or attention for a long time. :(

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Nice truck...for a youngster.

I like what I call "old man" trucks.

Bug deflector, window vent shades, running boards...on a stock-height truck (extra points if all are all chrome), color a shade of brown or gold, stock sound system, cloth seats, stock exhaust, no useless CAI, etc.
    Extra-extra points if the chrome running boards are on a 2WD.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I need to start my truck and at least let it run. Really should at least take it around the block a couple of times. It hasn't seen any love or attention for a long time. :(
    You are doing it a great dis-service by allowing it to just sit. Seriously man. Cowboy up. Take care of your truck.
    :n00b:
    There will be a reduction in points on your man card.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are a couple of Youtube videos where dealer mechanics are showing problems with some kind of new lifters for the fuel savings on Chevy V-8 engines. Problems, as in tow it back to the shop and walk home problems. I guess when you vehicle is sitting at the dealer, it is not using any gas.

Today's cars are frustrating.

I have had many different brands and types of cars since 1970, and they were all pretty good. I am a person that gets things fixed promptly, even if it is just a bulb in the dash. It appears that new cars need a lot more than routine maintenance and minor repairs. When a truck costs $50-$60,000 and people finance them for 7 years, it would be nice if they would run that long.

I have been talking with a fiend and seriously thinking about getting something like a rust free '78 Lincoln from Arizona and having a complete rebuild/ repaint. Even if I put $30,000 in it, it will be way cheaper than any new premium car. I would have a roomy, full sized car. I also will not have to be on a first name basis with the dealer service manager.
    Those lifters. Are part of the 4/6/8 cylinder cruise system. My son had a bad experience with an early model with this in the engine.
    it wasted the engine. Bought used as is no warranty.

Reactions: Leo

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    now everyone knows who to call when they have to move :):
    Even worse than just a truck I also have a trailer and a pallet jack now too.

The night I picked up the pallet jack a buddy asked if he could use it for moving his big ass gun safe.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Be glad you tires are not $1000/tire. My sons ex Ford was jacked up 10"-12" with 20 someting tires 24" wide.

My brother bought a 80's Ford, big block 4 barrel, automatic with a CD player. Don't think it ever seen rain or snow till he bought it.

I like Dodge but bought a 2016 Chevy 2500HD as same equipped Chevy was $500 cheaper than Dodge and $1200 cheaper than Ford.

Have it hit in the back about every 3 years and you get all the rust fixed and a new bumper.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom