• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    I'm from up north and am planning on heading down Friday to the show in hopes of finding myself an M1 Garand. What should I expect. I've been to Lake county shows and they're not much to write home about. The porter county show pretty decent.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm from up north and am planning on heading down Friday to the show in hopes of finding myself an M1 Garand. What should I expect. I've been to Lake county shows and they're not much to write home about. The porter county show pretty decent.
    Point the car south and head on down this way! There will be Garands, and lot of other stuff.

The thread below is the one I started for this show. I work the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth and will be there Friday and it looks like Sunday also.

The Indy 1500 is "the full gun show experience". Sure Tipton has a great show (probably one of the best I've seen all things considered) Stout Field is a good smaller show and Kokomo is not too shabby. But, well click the link below and look at the COMPLETELY FICTIONAL INGO-BINGO I describe. Everything on the INGO BINGO card, I have actually seen.

I have a lot of fun working the 1500. The people-watching is really something. With HB 1296 (Constitutional Carry) passing both Houses last night I look to field a lot of questions. So that means more "work" (not really work, I like talking about the 2A) and less wandering around in search of Gen 2 PMags and 6mm Remington ammo.

Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    Point the car south and head on down this way! There will be Garands, and lot of other stuff.

The thread below is the one I started for this show. I work the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth and will be there Friday and it looks like Sunday also.

The Indy 1500 is "the full gun show experience". Sure Tipton has a great show (probably one of the best I've seen all things considered) Stout Field is a good smaller show and Kokomo is not too shabby. But, well click the link below and look at the COMPLETELY FICTIONAL INGO-BINGO I describe. Everything on the INGO BINGO card, I have actually seen.

I have a lot of fun working the 1500. The people-watching is really something. With HB 1296 (Constitutional Carry) passing both Houses last night I look to field a lot of questions. So that means more "work" (not really work, I like talking about the 2A) and less wandering around in search of Gen 2 PMags and 6mm Remington ammo.

Well with any luck we will get the chance to meet up. It'll be fun seeing all the things and what the market is on older stuff these days. Just how big is the show?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well with any luck we will get the chance to meet up. It'll be fun seeing all the things and what the market is on older stuff these days. Just how big is the show?
    The 1500 is for 1500 tables. The South Pavilion (see other thread 1500 11-13 March subject) is quite large. I'll bump that thread with locations and landmarks tomorrow.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    View attachment 188604
    Well I'm sure I paid more than I should have but, I did pick myself up a garand while I was down there. Very nice December of 1940 garand with all period correct parts.
    Are you by chance a young guy with long hair? I ask this because on Friday a young guy with long hair bragged about his Garand on his way out.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well sir you are an astute observer. Yes that will have been me. I apologize for not introducing myself. I didn't realize you were there my friend.
    I had a feeling, didn't say anything since if I was wrong that would've been weird. Glad you got what you came for, looks like a really good score.

Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    I had a feeling, didn't say anything since if I was wrong that would've been weird. Glad you got what you came for, looks like a really good score.
    I was sort of in the same boat. I thought you said you would be there but I didn't see any info on INGO there so if I was wrong it would have been weird to say. Is one of you guys from INGO lol.

Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    20220312_185133.jpg 20220312_184954.jpg 20220312_184941.jpg
    After talking with the gentleman who was selling them. We came to the agreement that this gun fit the criteria of what I was looking for. I also met up with a friend of mine who has been incredibly helpful with knowledge about these firearms and has helped to break them down with me.

The seller and I did a bit of negotiating, I wound up getting the gun, the original sling ( unfortuatly it was In very rough shape and ended up breaking on me), a case and book (believe this was at one time a cmp gun), 10 enblocs, a box of match grade ammo, and the nicest bayonet he had on the table.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was sort of in the same boat. I thought you said you would be there but I didn't see any info on INGO there so if I was wrong it would have been weird to say. Is one of you guys from INGO lol.
    Four or five came up and asked that on Saturday they said. ;)

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    View attachment 188624 View attachment 188625 View attachment 188626
    After talking with the gentleman who was selling them. We came to the agreement that this gun fit the criteria of what I was looking for. I also met up with a friend of mine who has been incredibly helpful with knowledge about these firearms and has helped to break them down with me.

The seller and I did a bit of negotiating, I wound up getting the gun, the original sling ( unfortuatly it was In very rough shape and ended up breaking on me), a case and book (believe this was at one time a cmp gun), 10 enblocs, a box of match grade ammo, and the nicest bayonet he had on the table.
    Have you shot a Garand previously?

Top Bottom