• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RSPhotoIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Avon
    I was taught to shoot at about age 12 by my mom's boyfriend - a Denver cop. Then he taught me how to breakdown his .45. I thought it was fun - but perhaps he was just tricking me into doing his dirty work for him...!
    I did not really shoot much again 'til my son had an interest in learning. I enlisted the help of a shooter friend from church, who taught him (us both) at Hendricks County Fish and Game. Then when my daughter was old enough, she took to the 12 ga. like a fish in water - from firing her first shot from a shotgun at Noon to being able to hit the broken pieces of her clay a second time before they hit the ground by 1:00.
    My wife and I bought our first handguns (9mm) during the pandemic. And due to the availability of ammo, I started reloading immediately. (Ask me about primer reloading with toy caps - what a pain!)
    Anyway - thanks for adding me to the club!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was taught to shoot at about age 12 by my mom's boyfriend - a Denver cop. Then he taught me how to breakdown his .45. I thought it was fun - but perhaps he was just tricking me into doing his dirty work for him...!
    I did not really shoot much again 'til my son had an interest in learning. I enlisted the help of a shooter friend from church, who taught him (us both) at Hendricks County Fish and Game. Then when my daughter was old enough, she took to the 12 ga. like a fish in water - from firing her first shot from a shotgun at Noon to being able to hit the broken pieces of her clay a second time before they hit the ground by 1:00.
    My wife and I bought our first handguns (9mm) during the pandemic. And due to the availability of ammo, I started reloading immediately. (Ask me about primer reloading with toy caps - what a pain!)
    Hello from down the road.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sounds like you and yours will fit nicely here.
    Jump on in, but keep your boots handy.
    It gets deep in here some times...

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    9aqrcCw.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.