• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Lots they can do. Rifle inserts available. Can take any game in North America without them. Can be reloaded fast if they eject spent shell.
    my first gun was a single shot 20 gauge stevens but not as nice as that topper with the vent rib and nice wood two tone also

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Lots they can do. Rifle inserts available. Can take any game in North America without them. Can be reloaded fast if they eject spent shell.
    my first gun was a single shot 20 gauge stevens but not as nice as that topper with the vent rib and nice wood two tone also
    love the reload speed, and used to say (before I could afford one) I didn't need a semi-auto because all I need is the one shot. usually keep modified choke in but playing with chokes and certain ammo, this can reach out there accurately

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Welcome to INGO, there is an old saying “beware the one shot shooter” presumably, because he knows how to use it. Like many my age my first real gun was a 410 H&R, I truly don’t have a clue how many singles I own now. Shotguns or rifles, I do know I fed 2 families with one. My folks and brother, then me and my wife. Taken every legal game animal in Indiana with a single shot. Good Luck.
    :welcome:

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    any love for single shots?

also, howdy. glad to be here.
    Click the link below and introduce yourself. Good bunch around here.

Thank you for supporting INGO.

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    any love for single shots?

also, howdy. glad to be here.

Love me some single shots. I bought that 20ga deluxe version new but sold it as it was far heavier than my NE SB1 in 20ga. It’s a rare one now. Got plenty of nicer shotguns but that simple NE 20ga single shot is one of my favorites. I’ve got two identical ones I liked them so much. Wonderful firearms to teach new shooters too. It’s easy to ignore the barrel and find the clay quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Love me some single shots. I bought that 20ga deluxe version new but sold it as it was far heavier than my NE SB1 in 20ga. It’s a rare one now. Got plenty of nicer shotguns but that simple NE 20ga single shot is one of my favorites. I’ve got two identical ones I liked them so much. Wonderful firearms to teach new shooters too. It’s easy to ignore the barrel and find the clay quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    we share many same sentiments. the weight is what helps my accuracy with it - feels solid in the hands and even hot 3" loads have negligible recoil. it doesn't need any help breaking open like some ss ive had. just a pleasure to use.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    "Beware the man with one gun. He can probably use it."

-Jeff Cooper
    Yes, I took some literary license with the quote for the sake of my post. And I also have deep respect for Col. Cooper.

The first time I heard it was about 1958 or 59 hunting season from ol’ Mauford Sanders, while he was making me some 410 shells to take his son’s rabbit hunting. He said it was an old saying when he said it. As he was in the first wave of GI’s at Normandy I always listened to what he had to say. Intently and with respect.

So thank you for correcting me. I plan to make some spelling and grammar mistakes later some intentionally some not. If you would like to follow me around you can post the corrections as you see fit. And thanks again.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Yes, I took some literary license with the quote for the sake of my post. And I also have deep respect for Col. Cooper.

The first time I heard it was about 1958 or 59 hunting season from ol’ Mauford Sanders, while he was making me some 410 shells to take his son’s rabbit hunting. He said it was an old saying when he said it. As he was in the first wave of GI’s at Normandy I always listened to what he had to say. Intently and with respect.

So thank you for correcting me. I plan to make some spelling and grammar mistakes later some intentionally some not. If you would like to follow me around you can post the corrections as you see fit. And thanks again.
    One of life's greatest pleasures is a good rabbit hunt. A good day in the field followed by good eatin' at night? I'm game every time. old Sanders sounds like he was a treasure and true American hero.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Love single shots. Two .410s, two .38-55s. Those are H&Rs. Then there are the Sharps, 1885s, etc. Just picked up a Ruger no1 in .243 not long ago.
    I had occasion to look up the prices on the NEF single shot rifles recently, I couldn’t believe what I saw. Had to check several sources to be sure.

I’ll bet that Ruger is nice. .243 great round.

Top Bottom