• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well it's official; I "get" to join the conversation now. It was official at 9 a.m. this morning. Left work monday afternoon with a little bit of a headache which is rare for me. By that evening I was overcome with fatigue and didn't sleep worth a damn that night. Tuesday morning went into work and filled out the mandatory daily employee screening . My only symptoms was the fatigue and headache but that was enough for employee health to send me home.

I got swabbed tuesday morning about 9 a.m. and just got the call that I'm positive this morning. The funny thing is that I feel much better today than I did the previous couple of days. I'm now waiting on a call from the doctor to find out what the next step is. Hopefully feeling better today indicates that I'm on the upward side of this issue. I just keep reminding myself that I only have a 98.2 percent chance of surviving this.

I do work in healthcare and although I'm not clinical I do have to spend some time on the floors on a regular basis and unfortunately my areas of responsibility include the ICU areas.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Well... I gots the 'rona.

Somehow.

That I know of, I've not been around anyone positive.

And, thing is, I've had it for a while, too. Like Dec 22 or before was the start of my "cold".

I sought out a rapid test after developing a fever the other night. It lasted midway through the night. Happened again last night - didn't last as long as the night before.

Bad news: We were with my parents almost all day on Dec 24. Almost 100% positive that my step dad now has it - as he started a fever the same night that I did, and had a fever again the next night.

:-(

Other than not feeling so great when feverish - I feel pretty good. Chest congestion doesn't like me taking deep breaths without triggering a cough response, but that's what happens. My original symptoms, sans fever, 100% mirror any number of colds I've had in the past.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Wife tested positive today. Only way she new she had it was she lost her smell still could taste but cannot smell anything. I know 100% she got it from me 2 weeks ago. Thought I had a sinus infection/headache and some weird night sweats for a couple days. but just did not think much of it till she lost her smell.

We are both in are 30's and good health besides my small BP pill I take but its always under control.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Just heard my brother who lives outside of Nashville Tn.who has had it for 2 weeks was taken to his local hospital today in bad shape.The beds are full everywhere around there and hospital talking maybe moving him into Alabama ,100 miles away.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I know this isn't going to be well received but now that I've officially had "IT" since last Tuesday my first impression is: We shutdown the economy, destroyed hundreds of thousands of business' small and large, stoked the fires of fear in people worldwide for this?

Don't get me wrong, I work in healthcare so I see what's going on but if you remove emotion from the equation and look strictly at the numbers is this the biggest scam that has ever been perpetrated in the history of the world? A popular mantra in INGO is "follow the money". I can't think of a better application for that microscope.

I've had worse allergy attacks than this biological weapon that was loosed on the world by the Chinese communists last year.

Rant mode off, flame suit on.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    My aunt just died from it. In her 50s i think. She was reasonably healthy i thought. Her husband and 2 teen kids got it too and got through it without issue.

Even though she sounded bad over the phone, we all had the impression that she was managing it ok and would pull through eventually. So we were all very shocked when we got the news.

Her and her husband celebrated a bit at midnight on new years eve, but she didn't wake up on the first morning of 2021...

Her husband and kids are devastated of course. They frequently had money issues and were close to losing their house several times. I'm assuming that will be inevitable now.

I'm sure they would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    I had it in December. Got it from the wife that went and spent time with girlfriends making Christmas cookies. I had a fever, headaches, bad body aches, and ended up in the hospital for 4 days at the end of it due to Corona Pneumonia. That sucked. Folks take a multi vitamin, vitamin C, vitamin D3, and Zinc. It will help with Covid if you get it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm still in quarantine in the guest suite. I THINK the NP said 5 days back here ... well, that means today. BUT, I had another fever last night.

Our son had an all-day long fever the other day, too. But once it broke, he's been is usual cranky obstinate 7 year old self. Both he and girl child have sneezed a handful of times over the last week as well. Wife tested negative later the same day that I tested +. She did say yesterday, though, that her throat was getting a bit scratchy.

This bug is literally wiping me out. I need to lay down and take a break after my showers in the AM. I have ZERO stamina. Just walking the mile around our block wipes me out. And I walk SLOW. I HOPE that I'll regain the strength and stamina...

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    My friend's mom that I mentioned up thread with it passed away last Friday. Also found out earlier my mother in law and sister in law have it. MIL was put in hospital today, has health issues and is 86.

In other news. Had the appt with the cardiologist. Basically not a lot can be done. Continue monitoring, take it easy, and if I'm getting low on O2 then take a little supplemental O2.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I believe I commented upthread about my wife testing positive, me negative, and neither of us presenting symptoms. We both donated blood to the red cross a week ago. Well, we got our Covid anti-body test results yesterday. Both of us were negative for antibodies.

We are thinking her positive test was a false positive.

Both of us got our first covid inoculation shot last night.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Been several days post-quarantine now.

Remaining issues: Feels like I can't ever seem to be full-up on the breath. Not necessarily short of breath or breathlessness necessarily, just never feel topped off if that makes any sense.

Also have a bit of upper torso uncomfortableness - like what it feels like after you've had a bad coughing cold or bronchitis where you cough so much your chest aches. Only I didn't have much of a cough with my Kung Flu (Contrast to my cousin who cracked a few ribs with her coughing fits when she had it.

Along with that is the fatigue. Not a constant feeling of fatigue, I just get fatigued quite easily these days. We took the honyocks to the Children's Museum last Sunday (Day before MLK Day). Wore me out. Going to the grocery store and wondering the aisles wears me out.

But, as I found on our 3.5 mile family walk last night - it seems to be a "wall" that I hit. And if I can push through, I can do ok. On level ground.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One of my partners, in the office next me, got it before Christmas. He was in pretty bad shape for a while, barely able to stand, could not walk 3 feet, breathing problems. He received Bamlanivimab and was feeling much better within 3 days. Monday was his first day back in the office. He is firmly in the "this thing is no joke" camp....now.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    One of my partners, in the office next me, got it before Christmas. He was in pretty bad shape for a while, barely able to stand, could not walk 3 feet, breathing problems. He received Bamlanivimab and was feeling much better within 3 days. Monday was his first day back in the office. He is firmly in the "this thing is no joke" camp....now.

Put me down for that as well. My DIL lost both of her grandparents within about a week of each other. Pop-Pop got it and Grams was taking care of him. Next thing you know both in the ER, ICU then the bad news. It is certainly no joke. However, I don't see how destroying small businesses is helping anything.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Put me down for that as well. My DIL lost both of her grandparents within about a week of each other. Pop-Pop got it and Grams was taking care of him. Next thing you know both in the ER, ICU then the bad news. It is certainly no joke. However, I don't see how destroying small businesses is helping anything.
    Agreed. I think there are way of combating this that are less harmful, but here in Indiana, we are pretty much open at this point, save for a few measures.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    My friend's mom that I mentioned up thread with it passed away last Friday. Also found out earlier my mother in law and sister in law have it. MIL was put in hospital today, has health issues and is 86.

In other news. Had the appt with the cardiologist. Basically not a lot can be done. Continue monitoring, take it easy, and if I'm getting low on O2 then take a little supplemental O2.
    Forgot to update, SIL and MIL were in hospital about 5 days then went home, both doing good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know this isn't going to be well received but now that I've officially had "IT" since last Tuesday my first impression is: We shutdown the economy, destroyed hundreds of thousands of business' small and large, stoked the fires of fear in people worldwide for this?

Don't get me wrong, I work in healthcare so I see what's going on but if you remove emotion from the equation and look strictly at the numbers is this the biggest scam that has ever been perpetrated in the history of the world? A popular mantra in INGO is "follow the money". I can't think of a better application for that microscope.

I've had worse allergy attacks than this biological weapon that was loosed on the world by the Chinese communists last year.

Rant mode off, flame suit on.
    I survived it. And I agree.

Yes some are suffering and I have the deepest sympathy's for those good folks. But man you nailed it.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Glad the women folk are doing well. I assume you have an O2 monitor?
    Yes, got one when I first started with it. When I went in to the Dr. checked it against the one they had. Used it few times when I was feeling good to get a baseline, now when I get the heart racing and lightheadedness I check to see what it looks like. Yesterday morning pulse got up to 125 and sat down to 89 just piddling around the house. The Boss was about to throw my butt in the car and head to the ER but things started going back after about 20-25 minutes.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    O2 monitor?
    I had my wife buy one the day I began my quarantine. Should she have been out at the store?...another argument. (She tested negative that same day)

Anyhow, what I found over my quarantine, was that the colder my hands were, the lower my O2 sats read.

And I could get a range of readings depending on which finger I used.

So... my advice is A) Make sure your hands are warm. And B) check more than one finger.

Top Bottom