• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I submitted 10 amnesty eForm1s on 3/19. I got two approvals on 3/30. One was for a factory built PCC and one was for a PCC that I built from a stripped lower. No idea why those two got approved so fast while the rest are still pending.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I'm at 61 days now. Called in again today to ask some questions. Lady was short and didn't really wanna talk. I told her that the last person I spoke to advised an average of 45 days and she denied that and advised they don't give out time frames due to the number of applications that came in. I asked if having any other Class 3 items helped with the process at all and she said she didn't think so and that it just depends on the examiner.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I'm at 61 days now. Called in again today to ask some questions. Lady was short and didn't really wanna talk. I told her that the last person I spoke to advised an average of 45 days and she denied that and advised they don't give out time frames due to the number of applications that came in. I asked if having any other Class 3 items helped with the process at all and she said she didn't think so and that it just depends on the examiner.
    I got another approval yesterday bringing my total to 3 of 10 approved in under 3 weeks.

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    I'll be curious to see what happens to the "approved with conditions" stamps if the ruling is overturned
    If I were a gambler, I'd place a wager that the AFT sends a letter to everyone stating, "Your SBRs are pistols again, sorry for wasting your time. We still don't like your gun(s), so be on the lookout for more lawless shenanigans later down the road. Have a good day!"

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Number 2 approved today I still don't understand the conditions. Are they going to want their $200 before a stamp is sent or want engraving done? I did not get a stamp just email showing approved with conditions of final ruling.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Number 2 approved today I still don't understand the conditions. Are they going to want their $200 before a stamp is sent or want engraving done? I did not get a stamp just email showing approved with conditions of final ruling.
    I didnt even notice that the stamp was missing from my approved forms. I guess we will just have to wait and see how the next few months go.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have had an amnesty form 1 for a factory pistol on a trust pending since 1/19/23. I got tired of waiting and hearing about all y'll getting amnesty stamps back on home build and for trusts, so I called ATF NFA today. They told me that everything looked good for me on their end and that they had everything they needed. So they said the delay is from the FBI background check and they cannot give me any other info than that it is pending.

I have always gotten immediate approval for a 4473 and have never had a form 1 or form 4 denied or delayed ever.

No conclusion to share....just info.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I have had an amnesty form 1 for a factory pistol on a trust pending since 1/19/23. I got tired of waiting and hearing about all y'll getting amnesty stamps back on home build and for trusts, so I called ATF NFA today. They told me that everything looked good for me on their end and that they had everything they needed. So they said the delay is from the FBI background check and they cannot give me any other info than that it is pending.

I have always gotten immediate approval for a 4473 and have never had a form 1 or form 4 denied or delayed ever.

No conclusion to share....just info.
    FBI is very busy lots of classified docs and sush money payments to look at.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Hard telling what will happen, but my guess is this... IF the ruling actually goes into effect, everyone who filed will get a tax stamp. And if the lawsuits hold up and the courts overturn the ATF illegal law making, then they haven't actually issues SBR tax stamps and now you can put your pistol brace back on.

Since at the bottom mine says that it is approved pending final ruling, we will have to wait until the final ruling is put into place to see if we get the free SBR stamp or not.

There is a reason that the stamp is missing... we just don't know what the reason is.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    I submitted two amnesty electronic Form 1's on March 8th. Both were home builds on Palmetto stripped lowers. Neither showed pictures of the full firearm, just close up of the engravings. 1 was approved today, the other is still pending!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Sooo much compliance
    For all those preaching "never comply", I am curious to hear your ideas on how to proceed in the face of this ruling? Just refuse and stand strong and become a felon overnight? Deconstruct your AR pistols and hide your braces until the ruling is overturned? What is your reality based take on how to proceed? Not trying to stir it up, just honestly curious on certain peoples approach.

Top Bottom