• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I was always more interested in the weapons for sale and the prices than about the racial heritage of the owner. If the first two are lacking I could care less who owns the store...if they are great I could still care less and give them my business.

Racial equality doesn't happen when the news is about the first of any race doing something, it has happened when they are fired and nobody mentions the race.

So, congrats to you Indy locals who will have a new gun store to shop at.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I wish him all the luck. How is it even possible to get inventory for a new store? :scratch:

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    From another article :

Vaden welcomes everyone and anyone to come to his store once it is open in March. He added he has plans to expand his business both on Indy’s east side and west side at additional locations. The plans include an outdoor facility and tactical course.

Seems ambitious based on the time line from one of his social media posts "They will be doing the West Side Store and my Indoor and Outdoor Gun Range that will be open before the end of the year."

Hope he can get it off the ground and not over extend during this time of inventory shortages. To do that scale would be a big capital investment.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Agreed... Don would not be a role model in my book...
    I was thinking the same thing. Touting Don as a mentor was the worst example he could have had (see below from Wikipedia) but I wish anyone opening a shop at this stage of the game the best, he's going to need it.

Davis was named among the top five dealers who sell guns to criminals by the U.S. Department of Justice, ranked at #4. He said that the problem was not with his selling the guns, which requires FBI screening, but with those who purchase them and privately resell them, which he describes as a major loophole in the gun control laws. Some area residents feel that Davis catered to a less-than-upstanding clientele, largely profiting from inflated prices for people that have been described as dubious.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Here in Illinois a Black guy opened a gun store.
    This was just on “Our Local News” a week or two ago.
    Supposedly the First Black Owned Gun Store in America according to the report.
    The location is 7300 south Harlem Ave in Bridgeview IL.
    The former name of the gun store was
    “Almost Wholesale Gun and Supply”.
    Which originated out of Burr Ridge ILL.
    The owner relocated a few years ago out of Burr Ridge and reopened in Bridgeview when looking for a new location. The old place was hard to find. Also kinda like in a building more setup for like a dentist or doctor.
    When he moved to Bridgeview, he had a 6 lane pistol range fitted in the rear of the store.
    He also had fishing supply’s.
    I think the “Crook County” imposed “Added taxes” put him “Wholesale” out of business.
    Crook County has an additional $25.00 firearm tax on top of the initial purchase.
    Plus Crook County has a 5 cent per cartridge tax on center fire ammo or additional $2.50 per box of 50. Rimfire has a “penny” per round tax or $2.50 per 50 round box.
    Most folks just crossed to Will County to save $$$.

Off topic,...what these idiot Cook County officials can’t get through their thick heads, is when someone is forced to “shop” elsewhere for firearms an ammo, they might as well buy groceries, gas etc... cuz of the savings they get shopping out of Cook or Crook County. That includes shopping in NW Indiana right across the border.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I hate the term "African American" Is he African or American?
    Just another term the politicians introduced many years ago to divide our country. When people realize that we're all Americans and stop encouraging the practice of segregating us by color and race we may be able to live together in peace.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Seems strange to me that this is the first time an African-American person has owned a gun store in the state. I don't have anything to dispute it's the first, but perhaps it's the first one being publicized as such. There have been a lot of comings and goings of businesses since Indiana became a state.

Best of luck to him.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Good news, as far as I'm concerned the more gun stores the better.

I couldn't care less what race the guy is. Is he a good guy?
    Does anyone on here know the guy, it wouldn't appear that money is the current motivation, I would think this would be a really hard time to start up a gun shop.
    I hope it turns out to be a good shop, we need as many as we can get.
    Wish him the best

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I will support him and his store if his business model and customer service warrant it, just like any other business. I will, in fact, try to spend a little money there to help a fellow 2A business owner keep his business going in this climate.

However, I will not simply do so just because he is a “minority” owner. The societal narrative has grown so divisive as to preclude that women- and minority-owned businesses “need” more support because they are “harder to get off the ground.” I call hogwash and will not support a business on that premise only, business model and customer service notwithstanding. Three different attempts to secure financing for a small business were rejected for me and I was told specifically that loans and grants were being issued to “preferred women- and minority-business clients only.”

The class/gender/race victimhood system currently in place has destroyed the meritocracy system of free enterprise. It’s no longer a free market when you find yourself compelled to purchase from one business over another just based on political identity rather than individual merit, regardless of the product offered.

I do sincerely wish him the best and hope he succeeds tremendously.

alanbarx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Madison
    Super happy for this guy. I wish him all the success. Once he publishes his location I'm going to try and stop in.

Black/White/Purple/rainbow - Every body has the right to own a business and produce income, and every body has the right to defend themselves. I hope this makes the media rounds as much as all the negative stories about race relations right now.

That's amazing. I will definitely patronize his business.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Italian American, Irish American, native American, Mexican American, Jewish American. America historically embraces geographic heritage with all ethnicities.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    "In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    download (1).gif

Top Bottom