• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    as a long-time black guy, i try to frequent as many local businesses as possible. i really don't care what color/race the owner is. it is very true that the media only mentions race to keep us leaning towards division and soooo many people fall for it. i frequent several gunshops in the metro area and only stop patronizing them if they show poor CS or their prices are way out of line , doesn't matter to me why. if this guy has poor customer service or his pricing is not in line with what i'm willing to pay, he will only see me once. i've met some really great people since i've been bitten by the "bug" and race has never been a factor.

I don't care how many times I read it, "as a long time black guy" makes me laugh.
    :)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    my dearly departed mother (may her pot never stops boiling), used to say i was half retarded and my little brother was the other half....

half-retarded american?
    I can relate. I have a little brother too and we were two halves of the same coin.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    thank you guys for having such a welcoming forum!

this is actually the 1st forum i have participated in. i've lurked in the shadows of many but this is the only one i've seen where everyone has been respectful and helpful.
    That's how it started for me.... 23,000 post later.... ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I will agree that membership is helpful.

post-14251-eddie-murphy-i-see-what-you-di-paqx-jpeg.22077

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    New store. Proly be a while til he gets some trade ins of the older stuff im interested in.

Anybody got a general inventory of goodies?

Im heading down thataway this weekend.

PAT458

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2016
    Carmel
    I grew up at 35th and Emerson in the '50's. Walked 2 blocks to School 71 for 8 years and rode the bus to Arlington in the "60's. My dad was a gun dealer in the '50's and '60's working out of half of a 2 car-garage. He was in France and Germany in WW2. Started his collection by mailing Mausers and P-38s home. I too am saddened by the way the neighborhood has changed.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I grew up at 35th and Emerson in the '50's. Walked 2 blocks to School 71 for 8 years and rode the bus to Arlington in the "60's. My dad was a gun dealer in the '50's and '60's working out of half of a 2 car-garage. He was in France and Germany in WW2. Started his collection by mailing Mausers and P-38s home. I too am saddened by the way the neighborhood has changed.
    We lived at 36th and Butler and I went to kindergarten at 71. We were the poorest people on the block and were forced to move. My brother took me to the walk up McDonald’s on 38th street and I thought I was in heaven! We moved to 23rd and Park in the late 60’s. Then we moved to Sherman and Brookville Rd. I went to 78 for Jr High and Tech HS. Ran all over Christian Park and the east side. I’ve seen both sides of racism up close and personal.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    thank you guys for having such a welcoming forum!

this is actually the 1st forum i have participated in. i've lurked in the shadows of many but this is the only one i've seen where everyone has been respectful and helpful.

We have a little of "everything".
    And not all advice is worth the same.
    After a while, you'll start to get to know people, what they do, and how good their advice is.
    If someone states something, do they offer proof, or just throw it out?

After all, on the side of the road, explaining to Mr. Officer that someone on the internet told you that you COULD, might not hold up well.
    But some people will quote Indiana Code, or such.
    Even then, study what they claim, and what the quote is.

Top Bottom