• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i went past the address and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. anybody been over there yet?
    That is right on the edges of what LEO refers to as the "SWAMP"
    I have had dealings with the local businesses in that area for years. HVAC/R tech.
    Go north 10 blocks and it can be a war zone especially after dark.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Race or skin color isn't the problem. The problem is not everyone accepting the American culture. The Modern version of Diversity is division. We need to get back to loving our country and one another, get back that pride of being Americans again.

Treat each other the way you want to be treated is what I was taught. It goes a long way. If a person is a loud mouth agitator that means he wants the same so give it back to him. If a person is nice they deserve to be treated nice.

I was taught in high school many years ago there is but one race it's called the human race however, we are all different in many aspects such as language we speak, foods we eat, religious beliefs or the lack of them, and the color of our skin to name a few. Yet we are all one race. A dog is a dog, a bird is a bird, and a human being is a human being.

I'm personally sick of all this race BS. Imo I believe China and perhaps several other countries are doing their best to divide and destroy our country and useful American idiots are doing it for them.
    Unless one has the chance to gain from the division, we`re ALL sick and tired of the divisiveness. And I don`t see skin tone as an issue, ever. The things I see as issues are, as you said, the actions of the individual. If you`re kind, reasonable, responsible, considerate, and adult, we`re great. If you`re loud, entitled, demanding, childish, and dangerous, we have a huge problem. It all gets back to that "content of their character" thing. Be a good, decent, productive, contributing member of society. Work for a living. Raise your kids to have a work ethic, have respect for proper authority, teach them to have empathy for others, and keep them under control. Know where they are, and hold them accountable. This isn`t rocket science.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Unless one has the chance to gain from the division, we`re ALL sick and tired of the divisiveness. And I don`t see skin tone as an issue, ever. The things I see as issues are, as you said, the actions of the individual. If you`re kind, reasonable, responsible, considerate, and adult, we`re great. If you`re loud, entitled, demanding, childish, and dangerous, we have a huge problem. It all gets back to that "content of their character" thing. Be a good, decent, productive, contributing member of society. Work for a living. Raise your kids to have a work ethic, have respect for proper authority, teach them to have empathy for others, and keep them under control. Know where they are, and hold them accountable. This isn`t rocket science.
    i agree wholeheartedly!

in today's politically charged climate there is too much "i didn't do it, and if i did it's not that bad". very few actually teach/take responsibility for their own choices/actions. i started sharing the concept of self-responsibility about 15 yrs ago. i saw which way the world was leaning.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    That is right on the edges of what LEO refers to as the "SWAMP"
    I have had dealings with the local businesses in that area for years. HVAC/R tech.
    Go north 10 blocks and it can be a war zone especially after dark.
    i lived off if 19th &emerson for a while. it really started getting bad about 6 blocks west. a lot of the homes were bought by investors and rented as section 8. i've seen it time & again that when renters have no responsibility for the property, they become ghetto.

i am not saying section 8 is a bad thing, but the HA should enforce their policies since parents refuse to teach their children self respect

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i lived off if 19th &emerson for a while. it really started getting bad about 6 blocks west. a lot of the homes were bought by investors and rented as section 8. i've seen it time & again that when renters have no responsibility for the property, they become ghetto.

i am not saying section 8 is a bad thing, but the HA should enforce their policies since parents refuse to teach their children self respect
    I have done a lot of work on section 8 houses. I subbed HVAC for a real estate company that managed large blocks of section 8 houses for the owners. There is serious money in this endeavor. And yes they need to enforce the standards and regulations involved. I have some very interesting story's I could share with you in my time doing this. It was a great revenue stream but it was also very stressful at times and even dangerous at other times depending on what I was involved with. I met some of the most sincere folks to some I would not urinate on if they were on fire.

We had a few houses by us go section 8 and it was not a great experience. When the people have no skin in the game we already know how that ends up.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I've looked on google maps and can't find his place.

I'll check it out if it exists, but it isn't to be found right now.

Is this another one of those ingo threads?
    Corner of 10th and Linwood.

I wouldn't expect to see it on street view, as the image capture there is from July 2019. As far as Google maps not having a pin for a gun store, I'm not surprised.

EDIT: Soooo... I now realize that the address being posted on the FB page only happened at 4:06 yesterday morning... well after LEaSH's comment. Not yet having the address would definitely make it tough to find on Google maps. I'll be done wiping the egg off soon ;)

Last edited:

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    He may be the first store front "gun shop" but he certainly couldn't be the first FFL. I would think that several black owned pawn shops have FFL's.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    He may be the first store front "gun shop" but he certainly couldn't be the first FFL. I would think that several black owned pawn shops have FFL's.
    there are black owned pawnshops? lmao.

you'd probably need to be a black guy to see why that's funny...mybe not, but i'm sure it would help
    (no racism intended)

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis

Indianapolis has a long history of fraud in the Housing Authority. The President of the Board is indicted every 10 years and the successor does the same. Ghost employment, failure to evict deadbeats, failure to evict felons, millions owed to Feds for theft and lost rent.
    Using the term management and the HA in the same sentence is a joke. It is a long standing pattern of abuse so I guess the city accepts this as the cost of doing business.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I grew up on Shannon av. 4 blocks from this store. When I was a kid it was like a nice neighborhood June and Ward Cleaver nice. That was the 70s though. It saddens me to see what has happened to it. I wish him the best of luck there. I dont think he needs to worry about buglers as much as a strong arm invasion by 4 armed guys while your open thing. His choice of location does seem odd. Not alot of disposable income there anymore

PAT458

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2016
    Carmel
    I think there was already a thread about this, but he's scheduled to open this weekend. This link is from back in February but WTHR just had a piece on the news about his opening.

Tony Katz and Guy Relford ( sp ) went to support him. With 40 people in line, they could not get in. They chose not to cut in line. The correct move at a gun store. Glad he opened his store.

PAT458

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2016
    Carmel
    I grew up on Shannon av. 4 blocks from this store. When I was a kid it was like a nice neighborhood June and Ward Cleaver nice. That was the 70s though. It saddens me to see what has happened to it. I wish him the best of luck there. I dont think he needs to worry about buglers as much as a strong arm invasion by 4 armed guys while your open thing. His choice of location does seem odd. Not alot of disposable income there anymore
    I grew up at 35th and Emerson in the '50's. Walked 2 blocks to School 71 for 8 years and rode the bus to Arlington in the "60's. My dad was a gun dealer in the '50's and '60's working out of half of a 2 car-garage. He was in France and Germany in WW2. Started his collection by mailing Mausers and P-38s home. I too am saddened by the way the neighborhood has changed.

PAT458

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2016
    Carmel
    as a long-time black guy, i try to frequent as many local businesses as possible. i really don't care what color/race the owner is. it is very true that the media only mentions race to keep us leaning towards division and soooo many people fall for it. i frequent several gunshops in the metro area and only stop patronizing them if they show poor CS or their prices are way out of line , doesn't matter to me why. if this guy has poor customer service or his pricing is not in line with what i'm willing to pay, he will only see me once. i've met some really great people since i've been bitten by the "bug" and race has never been a factor.
    Well said Grillak. Too many people try to divide. It's either a control issue or they are trying to make it monetary.
    Clearly, you are not one of them. Thanks, PAT458

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd be more interested in hearing about the first Italian to open up a Chinese Buffet! What about the Jew who opens up a German Restaurant?

IOW - who cares? I'm looking for service, quality and smiles.
    Well they say, falsely, that Marco Polo brought back noodles from China, so there is a connection.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    IMNSHO when people hyphenate their identity, that says a lot

From my view, youre either an American or not.

Giving ones self a special title.beyond that means they want to be excepted, not accepted.

Know darn good and well why the media keeps fanning the flames of division/ racism.
    Most people had hyphenated identities because they were purposefully singled out as “others.” It wasn’t a distinction they wanted, it was one they were given.... Irish, Italian, Mexican, Japanese-“American.” History is filled with Americans saying they wanted to be thought of as Americans, but felt trapped by those identifiers. We’re not even 100 years removed from that commonly accepted practice. While the criticism is somewhat valid, you can’t expect people to comparatively “turn on a dime,” and now see themselves as solely “American,” when the identifiers they have held for so long have been adopted as a sort of pride; an indication that they had endured despite being considered an “other.”

Edit: and this isn’t just confined to race or ethnicity. The word “Redneck” follows the same notion.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Most people had hyphenated identities because they were purposefully singled out as “others.” It wasn’t a distinction they wanted, it was one they were given.... Irish, Italian, Mexican, Japanese-“American.” History is filled with Americans saying they wanted to be thought of as Americans, but felt trapped by those identifiers. We’re not even 100 years removed from that commonly accepted practice. While the criticism is somewhat valid, you can’t expect people to comparatively “turn on a dime,” and now see themselves as solely “American,” when the identifiers they have held for so long have been adopted as a sort of pride; an indication that they had endured despite being considered an “other.”

Edit: and this isn’t just confined to race or ethnicity. The word “Redneck” follows the same notion.
    "Redneck-American"?

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Well said Grillak. Too many people try to divide. It's either a control issue or they are trying to make it monetary.
    Clearly, you are not one of them. Thanks, PAT458
    i try not to be a divider. i do recognize there are differences in people. but as a human, i try not to let the inherent biases in me stop me from learning from my short comings and stopped a long time ago looking at life as "us" versus "them".

at this stage, it is "me" vs "i".
    noone holds me back, down, sideways but my own failings. i sometimes make generalized statements but i blame nobody for my failings. as humans we need to teach ourselves and our children that it is not anyone's fault.

you hit the nail on the head brother. the PTB are all about dividing us to control our money. while the general populace should be try to grow our souls, they want us to worry about who has the bigger, fancier house, clothes, jewelry, etc.

the closest people in my circle all have different skin tone, heritage, backgrounds, and life experiences and it has made me a better soul to have met them

Top Bottom