• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That's kind of wild because 20 years ago I bought a Smith and Wesson 629 Backpacker from another one of "Indiana's first black gun shop owner's" in Jeffersonville, IN...

I used to shoot archery at another of Indiana's "first black owned archery shops" back in the 1980s...also in Jeffersonville....

Last edited:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    as a long-time black guy, i try to frequent as many local businesses as possible. i really don't care what color/race the owner is. it is very true that the media only mentions race to keep us leaning towards division and soooo many people fall for it. i frequent several gunshops in the metro area and only stop patronizing them if they show poor CS or their prices are way out of line , doesn't matter to me why. if this guy has poor customer service or his pricing is not in line with what i'm willing to pay, he will only see me once. i've met some really great people since i've been bitten by the "bug" and race has never been a factor.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Huh? When the title of the thread is :"First Black-owned gun shop to open in Indy", it was ALL about race...
    I just copy/pasted that from the WTHR article. Don't read anything more into that than there is. Did you even read the article? If you had, you would have seen that.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    i read an article about a week back about another first black-owned gunshop in another state. the owners and a few of their customers stated how some blacks feel intimidated by going into a white owned gunshop. for the most part i think that is on the customer. i have definitely experienced racism in my lifetime but yet to see it in a gunshop. i've heard it thrown out there by some people that were denied service usually because of behavior/ being visibly/olefactorily under the influence but never outright racially. we need to stop worrying about what color sees us as and worry more about being educated about our firearms.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    That's kind of wild because 20 years ago I bought a Smith and Wesson 629 Backpacker from another one of "Indiana's first black gun shop owner's" in Jeffersonville, IN...

I used to shoot archery at another of Indiana's "first black owned archery shops" back in the 1980s...also in Jeffersonville....

Yep! O'Bob's Firearms on Hwy. 62. I bought at least two guns that I recall, from Bob and his wife. Great guy!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    i read an article about a week back about another first black-owned gunshop in another state. the owners and a few of their customers stated how some blacks feel intimidated by going into a white owned gunshop. for the most part i think that is on the customer. i have definitely experienced racism in my lifetime but yet to see it in a gunshop. i've heard it thrown out there by some people that were denied service usually because of behavior/ being visibly/olefactorily under the influence but never outright racially. we need to stop worrying about what color sees us as and worry more about being educated about our firearms.
    I would daresay we`ve all experienced racism, I certainly have. Being color-blind would solve a whole lot of problems all across the board.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    as a long-time black guy, i try to frequent as many local businesses as possible. i really don't care what color/race the owner is. it is very true that the media only mentions race to keep us leaning towards division and soooo many people fall for it. i frequent several gunshops in the metro area and only stop patronizing them if they show poor CS or their prices are way out of line , doesn't matter to me why. if this guy has poor customer service or his pricing is not in line with what i'm willing to pay, he will only see me once. i've met some really great people since i've been bitten by the "bug" and race has never been a factor.
    Long-time white guy checking in...I second the motion. :):

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    its seems the implication here is that somehow the gun laws regarding FFLs arent applied to white owned gun stores? I guess? and that now a black owned gun store will have the privilege to not have gun laws applied to him the way white owned gun stores do?

I know, I know. trying to makes sense of lib media is a mistake.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    its seems the implication here is that somehow the gun laws regarding FFLs arent applied to white owned gun stores? I guess? and that now a black owned gun store will have the privilege to not have gun laws applied to him the way white owned gun stores do?

I know, I know. trying to makes sense of lib media is a mistake.

Here is an idea.....dissolve the ATF and repeal all gun laws. Problem solved!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I see it as "the more the merrier". The media is a problem and they typically paint gun owners as "those" people.
    The broader appeal of guns to all Americans is a good thing to fight back against the gun grabbers.

Top Bottom