Not open for further replies.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Took this down today with 2 of my boys.. called the neighbor and got him a truck load of smaller stuff for him and filled up my pallets and have the trunk left. The 25” bar barely made it three in one pass. Felt pretty good it fell right where I wanted it to 4A9EC890-B37C-4B5C-9F79-E02F28E84678.jpeg 6C92283F-B3B0-4B85-B09A-AE864F69E4A4.jpeg

Attachments

• D2C738B3-E6F4-4A46-9532-C6BA32882613.jpeg
      D2C738B3-E6F4-4A46-9532-C6BA32882613.jpeg
      2 MB · Views: 13

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Headed to the woods today for a bit.. cutting out buckeye starts/saplings and cutting.. I burn year round to heat water. Cleaned up with the grandkids on Saturday cooked hotdogs on the fire with them and they got their pony out and road around .. it was a great day. They went home tired!

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    After watching some of the IJ and OG videos I see now how wood gets stacked so evenly. I don't think I've ever measured firewood in my life which explains why my firewood is easily pushed over by raccoons or the wind if I single row stack it.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    After watching some of the IJ and OG videos I see now how wood gets stacked so evenly. I don't think I've ever measured firewood in my life which explains why my firewood is easily pushed over by raccoons or the wind if I single row stack it.
    Some would call it a bad case of OCD, for the sake of my life I call it 'artistic expression'.

Measuring takes more time, for sure. If we were just rounding & splitting for ourselves we might not be so precise. But we are testing the waters on a firewood side hustle and we're told pretty stacks sell. :dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Understand completely.

Products for sale have to be visually appealing to the customer. When I think about it firewood I see for sale at various places is nicely packaged.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Does anyone here know if any places sells pre-made firewood sheds? I could likely do it myself, but given other issues going on, I might rather just pay if the price seems reasonable. I've seen a lot of websites for the area folks who do mini-barns and such, but haven't ever really seen just on open air, three sided w/ a roof type shed for sale.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Does anyone here know if any places sells pre-made firewood sheds? I could likely do it myself, but given other issues going on, I might rather just pay if the price seems reasonable. I've seen a lot of websites for the area folks who do mini-barns and such, but haven't ever really seen just on open air, three sided w/ a roof type shed for sale.

Attachments

• KIMG0896.JPG
      KIMG0896.JPG
      116.7 KB · Views: 5

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    For anyone that wants to build a simple firewood shed, here's my plans and materials list (numbers are Menards SKUs and 2019 prices).

shed bom.JPG

shed plans.JPG

shed pic1.JPG

shed pic2.JPG

shed pic3.JPG

By the dimensions, I estimate it holds a full cord.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Question for you guys:
    I've heard you're not supposed to "move" firewood outside the general area that you've cut it. What about the dried wood outside of gas stations? I'm assuming this is OK right?
    I was not raised a camper/outdoorsman but I'm trying to get in to it with my family now.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I've got 2 of the brand new stihl ms400cm saws for sale if you saw heads want a new toy to speed up your firewood duties :) Pm for details and store location.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    It has to do with evasive bugs being transported in the firewood. State parks will sometimes check your firewood for bark and it has it they won’t let you use it. Example emerald ash borer and what it did to ash trees. All firewood is to have all bark removed
    Question for you guys:
    I've heard you're not supposed to "move" firewood outside the general area that you've cut it. What about the dried wood outside of gas stations? I'm assuming this is OK right?
    I was not raised a camper/outdoorsman but I'm trying to get in to it with my family now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom