• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    My son (19) applied online for his LTCH, it is telling him he only has two places to get fingerprinting done. Back when I got mine if you lived inside the city limits you went to your local PD, if you lived in the country you went to the Sherriff Dept in your county.

Has this changed due to Covid? The two options are between 45 minutes and 1 1/2 hours away.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    I thought it was the county too. What are the two places? I went to the website, and the link has many places all over the state to go to. Is that link wrong?

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Back when I got my permit, it was the same as you...went down to the county Sheriff's office and had my prints rolled on a paper card. A few years back (well before COVID came along) they changed it to digital fingerprinting, and at least in our county, the PDs don't do it anymore. My buddy got his wife a permit a couple of months back, and COVID did make it kind of a pain. The local place stopped doing it, and he ended up having to go out of county to get it done.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Back when I got my permit, it was the same as you...went down to the county Sheriff's office and had my prints rolled on a paper card. A few years back (well before COVID came along) they changed it to digital fingerprinting, and at least in our county, the PDs don't do it anymore. My buddy got his wife a permit a couple of months back, and COVID did make it kind of a pain. The local place stopped doing it, and he ended up having to go out of county to get it done.
    This might be the reason.......digital prints.

I'll check with the local PD to confirm

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Prints are done at IdentoGo, not locals anymore at the request of ISP Firearms. It speeds up the process dramatically for background checks. Every great once in awhile we get a follow-up where the applicant will need inked prints, but can count on one hand the times that has happened.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    My twin 19 year old sons applied for their LTCH. Only one fingerprinting place for IdentoGo near us as we live in the SE corner of Indiana. I should say only one within an hour's drive. They both got fingerprinting done in September and of course one son got his LTCH right away and the other one's fingerprints were smudged and had to be redone. They were booked out for two months and we got them redone in mid December when he got back from college. Still waiting for his LTCH to get finalized and his twin has had his LTCH for several months. IdentoGo is a mess (ours is at the UPS Store and the guy that does the fingerprints seriously does not give a you know what, rushes through them and doesn't care, he's rude and angry all the time). I wish ISP would get rid of IdentoGo.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    IdentoGo is a mess (ours is at the UPS Store and the guy that does the fingerprints seriously does not give a you know what, rushes through them and doesn't care, he's rude and angry all the time). I wish ISP would get rid of IdentoGo.

I had mine done in Terra Haute in June and aside from the wait for an appointment I had no problems at all. Wife did hers in Crawfordsville and same thing. Also the price is quite reasonable, Had mine done for Illinois a few years back for $60.00. Sounds to me IdentoGo just needs to police their employees better. Hopefully you complained to the regional director or whatever they call them. If you get lousy service and don't complain management tends to think everything is fine. Jim.

Top Bottom