• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Couple years ago I decided that I needed a super accurate 22 handgun. Started looking at the various competitors and convinced myself that the Buck Mark with those 6 inch slab side barrels were the sexiest of the bunch. As luck would have it, this nice used Browning Buck Mark showed up in my LGS.
    IMG_20220503_023750_745.jpg
    Got it for a steal then took it out and became quickly surprised at how incredibly accurate I was with it. Suckers at 10 yards, 1.5 inch groups at 20. Dirt chunks at 70. Was super happy except for one thing..... The grips killed it for me.

Spent some time here and there looking for proper grips but couldn't find the rosewood in stock. Tried a couple gun shows even. Gave up after a while. Then last week I got lucky, found a seller on eBay getting rid of a set of mint 5 year old Altamont rosewoods. Ended up basically paying new price for them. Was not disappointed.
    IMG_20220503_023748_851.jpg
    Very happy with the fit and finish. I think the pistol is about as sexy as can be. The glossy two tone blued barrel with the glossy rose wood grips and gold trigger get me going.

Quite proud to show it to new shooters and watch them build confidence on such an accurate platform.

Would be great to see the other Buck Marks of INGO posted down below.

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Couple years ago I decided that I needed a super accurate 22 handgun. Started looking at the various competitors and convinced myself that the Buck Mark with those 6 inch slab side barrels were the sexiest of the bunch. As luck would have it, this nice used Browning Buck Mark showed up in my LGS.
    View attachment 198387
    Got it for a steal then took it out and became quickly surprised at how incredibly accurate I was with it. Suckers at 10 yards, 1.5 inch groups at 20. Dirt chunks at 70. Was super happy except for one thing..... The grips killed it for me.

Spent some time here and there looking for proper grips but couldn't find the rosewood in stock. Tried a couple gun shows even. Gave up after a while. Then last week I got lucky, found a seller on eBay getting rid of a set of mint 5 year old Altamont rosewoods. Ended up basically paying new price for them. Was not disappointed.
    View attachment 198388
    Very happy with the fit and finish. I think the pistol is about as sexy as can be. The glossy two tone blued barrel with the glossy rose wood grips and gold trigger get me going.

Quite proud to show it to new shooters and watch them build confidence on such an accurate platform.

Nice grips Sir. I have a couple nice Buckmarks. Will have to get pics of the pistols, but here's a carbine doing actual work protecting the pecan orchard.

IMG_1187.JPG

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Love Buckmarks! My first was a base model as above but older, no cocking ears. I used to shoot steel and pin competitions in the early 1990s with it. Only mod was some paint on the sights. I used it to shoot both open and stock classes and did quite well. That design is incredibly reliable. i would scrub the breech face with a brush and pull a bore snake through it after each night (100 rounds or so) but only broke it down to clean at the end of the season.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Thank you!
    Does the carbine handle as strange as I think it does? Or does it feel like an actual rifle? Always been curious of those. Yet to get my hands on one.

The carbine feels great and handles great. I have a lighter Nikon scope on it to keep weight down. There's two versions - tapered carbine barrel like mine, and bull-barrel "target" version. Target version is definitely front heavy, but a good scope helps balance it a little. Have not shot my target version yet.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    Beautiful setup with those grips. I have the same model, and it is my favorite plinking pistol. The black grips just fit my hand so nice that I am afraid to swap them out. But you now have me thinking that it might be worth a try.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Beautiful setup with those grips. I have the same model, and it is my favorite plinking pistol. The black grips just fit my hand so nice that I am afraid to swap them out. But you now have me thinking that it might be worth a try.
    Thank you.
    I agree the black grips are very comfortable. These Altamont grips feel fine but they do change it. Fills the hand more. Not necessary better… just different.

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    View attachment 198387

View attachment 198388

The Altamont grips look great!
    I am very proud of my Buck Mark too.
    nbcP6kr.jpg

Top Bottom