• ...and so much more!
  • TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Alkin W31 Mariner compressor.
    This is the one I’m working towards.
    Outstanding reputation… buy once cry once and sell air to your neighboring air gunners to offset cost’s.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Reasonably sure with Lake Michigan just up the road that there is a dive shop somewhere. Or check Michigan City gun club as there are probably some rifle shooters there that shoot Air as well.
    My airgun tanks have stickers that read "Not for breathing" so as to be clear on their purpose.
    And the reason for the scuba tank is the convenience of being able to quickly fill your bottle in a remote location, including a parking lot, without hauling a compressor around.

Scott58

Marksman
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    I've got a hand pump for my Benjamin Marauder. It's pretty much what keeps me out of pcp. To much hassle for me. I prefer just a single stroke spring piston. Same with the co2. I have 2, but they get very little use. Just lazy I guess, but cock, load, shoot, repeat is my preference.

Butch627

Master
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    OP have you called any local scuba shops? Gooses on Rt 30 said he would fill scba tanks but I would have to supply the adapter.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Another possability would be a welding gas supply place or even a compressed gas seller like AirLiquide, Praxair, etc etc.

At least worth calling to inquire.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    OP have you called any local scuba shops? Gooses on Rt 30 said he would fill scba tanks but I would have to supply the adapter.
    I have a K valve scuba tank and have an adapter I bought from Pilkguns.com These days it looks like N valves are the thing to have and don't require any adapter. My local scuba shop fills both K and N valve tanks. Pilkguns.com is a top notch company focused on serious competition air guns and accessories. Here is more information about scuba than you are likely ever to find in one place: http://www.pilkguns.com/home/scubasafety-shtml/

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What is the rutine charge to fill a tank?

How long does it take?

I don’t know how much the fill cost is around here. The Alkin can fill a tank in a matter of minutes.
    I use a “El Cheapo” compressor at the moment to fill my Leshiy 2.0 but eventually I want to put a Alkin in service. I just can’t justify the cost at the moment.
    I wish someone could create and market a legitimately durable compressor that doesn’t require a lot of fiddling around for around 2K…
    I know there are samples of 1 out there that do ok but when it comes to air there are two extreme’s… cheap china crap or 3k and up good ones like Alkin or Bauer.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    LOL, here ya go! A compressor on a budget.
    I can see how this could be refined into a usable machine.
    Mount 2 hand pumps one on each side of sprocket and go 2x fast and something more powerful than a drill.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    How and where are you guys filling tanks? It seems most people use a scuba tank to fill the small tanks but we don’t have many dive shops around here. And it seems you have to have a diving certificate to fill a scuba tank.

TLDR all the replys. If you're wanting to do it at home get a Shoebox compressor. https://www.airgundepot.com/freedom8-shoebox-electric-air-compressor.html

There appear to be knock offs available now for a couple hundred bucks.

I never had to show a scuba cert to fill my scuba tanks when i played paintball.

Basher

Expert
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I never had to show a scuba cert to fill my scuba tanks when i played paintball.

I’m a diver, and I’ve never had to show my cert to get tanks filled before. Any shop that wants to check your diving credential before filling a tank is more hassle than they’ll be worth, IMO. As long as the tank is current on the hydro and visual inspections, that’s all they need to know. They’re filling the tank with air, not uranium… :lmfao:

Butch627

Master
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    That Shoebox looked to me like a fragile maintenance intensive toy. If they could not make it at their price point which iirc was about 600 I can't imagine you are getting much for a couple of hundred.
    TLDR all the replys. If you're wanting to do it at home get a Shoebox compressor. https://www.airgundepot.com/freedom8-shoebox-electric-air-compressor.html

There appear to be knock offs available now for a couple hundred bucks.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    That Shoebox looked to me like a fragile maintenance intensive toy. If they could not make it at their price point which iirc was about 600 I can't imagine you are getting much for a couple of hundred.
    They apparently still sell them to nasa

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    The one our 4H got thru NRA is a booster pump. You feed it with a typical garage compressor that does like 5 cfm, and it will take it to 3,000 psi. While slow to fill a tank from 0-3000, I usually top off a tank when it gets down to 2500. A full scuba tank will last our 4H group all season.

Top Bottom