• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    How and where are you guys filling tanks? It seems most people use a scuba tank to fill the small tanks but we don’t have many dive shops around here. And it seems you have to have a diving certificate to fill a scuba tank.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not sure if paintball guns use compressed air, but I have seen more than a few people getting them refilled at Academy Sports.
    They do. They can fill to 4500 psi. I would think that you would have a hard time getting your air gun filled though. You would have to buy an hpa tank and have them fill it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    They do. They can fill to 4500 psi. I would think that you would have a hard time getting your air gun filled though. You would have to buy an hpa tank and have them fill it.
    I would think there must be some convenient way to get them filled.?

I am sure someone will be along shortly

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Around here is referring to the midwest since we aren’t known for our dive shops. But to clarify I am in NWI, I am looking at the pcp air guns and just trying to figure out where and how I will refill.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Tennessee may be a stretch. I am curious what will come from those in the know. I am sure there are lots on here.
    I can order the tank and I can order the small tanks and all the refilling supplies. I am just concerned because everywhere I look says I need to be citified scuba diver in order to fill tanks and I know there is a loop hole I just have to find it

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Tennessee may be a stretch. I am curious what will come from those in the know. I am sure there are lots on here.
    And I do come to tn at least once a year i guess it depends how much shooting I do lol

wcd

Grandmaster
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I can order the tank and I can order the small tanks and all the refilling supplies. I am just concerned because everywhere I look says I need to be citified scuba diver in order to fill tanks and I know there is a loop hole I just have to find it
    So is that kind of like ordering Federal LEO ammo on line, most need credential, some not so much.

just curious do they emit any sound at all When firing?

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    So is that kind of like ordering Federal LEO ammo on line, most need credential, some not so much.

just curious do they emit any sound at all When firing?
    I only have experience with the target rifles which fire the small .177 and they are very quiet I’m sure the big bore are loud

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Air guns have changed much since I was young.

Buddy got a couple for taking care of varmints around his city place and garden...Excellent pieces.

I keep thinking of picking one up but have resisted thus far.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Im in Bloomington and have a small compressor that I fill my tanks with.
    If you get a 4500 psi carbon fiber tank and know someone with the fire department,they fill there own tanks.
    There has to be somewhere close to you that fills tanks.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Try the fire department.
    The problem is most tanks dont have a standard nitrogen valve/connector so the breathing air compressors wont connect. And why would a fire dept bother to fill a tank? Its not their job. Filling high pressure tanks is not without risk.

Buy an PCP air compressor and DIY. Buy once cry once.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom