• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDS9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I recently purchase a firearm from a gun shop in another state. I went to pick it up from Premeir Arms in Brownsburg. They informed me that they need at least 5 days to process it as well as AN INVOICE. Which I am told by who I purchased from they do not need an invoice to process the transaction and that 5 days is not a legal amount of time they can retain the gun without processing it.

Can anyone help clarify who may be right in this situation?

Gun Shop owner does not believe it to be a requirement to complete the transfer...

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Those must all be Premier Arms store policies and probably should have been made clear to you before you chose to use them for a transfer. I have never created an invoice selling as a private seller online and I have picked up guns the same day my dealer has received them.

Sounds like your dealer may be overloaded and is trying to buy time to catch up on paper work.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Did you talk to the LGS before this?

Some LGS's don't like doing transfers - they' rather you buy the guns they have for sale. Transfers are a lower priority, so they've got their rules... and they've got your gun now.

An invoice is a new one to me, is there a packing slip and receipt?

At least five days? Last transfer I did:
    Gun store employee on the phone: "Jetta? We got your gun this morning." :delivery:

Me: "I'm running out the door now - see you in five!" :banana:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I've picked up guns from USDS half hour after it's delivered.

As for the invoice, did it come from a private seller? An invoice makes things easier when the said gun is non-transfer and needs to be sent back(log out of their books). It does happen more than you think.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Damn. Hindsight being 20/20, you should have asked their policies before having it shipped to them.

I use Parabellum. Not far from Premier and a bit cheaper on the FFL fees as well.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    I have never heard of needing a invoice. I have done over 10 transfers always been able to get them same day delivered some during the covid rush .I would talk to them when you pick it up . maybe those are just their policies if so there’s other gun shops around .

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    You really need to get with the FFL in advance of ordering anything. (I do with more FFLs had their transfer policies & procedures on their websites, though.

The FFL I use is a one-man shop, and UPS comes through the area pretty late in the day (often after 4 PM). I've gotten texts from him as late as 9:30 PM, after the shop is closed, saying "I just logged in your gun, and I'll still be here for another hour if you want to come get it." It doesn't hurt that we're friends outside of the shop too, though.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Most (all?) guns I've ordered online have come with an invoice. They may want it as "proof" of where it came from. I would think the gunshop could email a copy.

I've always been able to get my gun the day it came in unless it was delivered close to closing time.

Had a pistol come in today and got a call within 30 minutes that it was ready for pickup.

Top Bottom