• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    So I got an email about aero lowers in stock and went to purchase one and we’ll they asked for ffl info I’m not really sure what to put to I just filled it out to the best of my knowledge. I’m not asking for specifics on anyone but is there a certain way it’s supposed to be done. I placed my order later in the evening so fingers crossed it works in the AM.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No knock but are you new to all of this. There are rules. Specifics you have to adhere to and you did not so no the lower will not ship.
    You have to set up with an FFL to accept the lower and do the 4473 on it before you take possession. The lower "Is" the rifle as it carry's the serial.

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Not necessarily new but some what green to the “on-line” aspect of buying firearms that aren’t in the private field. The last time I bought anything was a few years ago in 2016 so things were a little bit easier to come by in the store back when you could buy a Smith and Wesson MNP sport two at Cabela’s for $550 out the door but those days are long gone. I’m kind of just now getting back into these things so I guess you could say I am somewhat new at the online part just looking for some help maybe some tips willing to learn.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The request for FFL was asking you what gun shop you would like your purchase to be shipped to. Because the stripped lower is counted as the firearm, you'll still have to pick it up from a gun shop and fill out the usual paperwork to do so.

It's highly advised that you talk with the FFL before selecting them on your order.

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    The request for FFL was asking you what gun shop you would like your purchase to be shipped to. Because the stripped lower is counted as the firearm, you'll still have to pick it up from a gun shop and fill out the usual paperwork to do so.

It's highly advised that you talk with the FFL before selecting them on your order.
    So I just filled out the info online with the correct info zip phone number and transfers name (the shop). My order was confirmed with aero via email. I was leaning twords calling the ffl I put in online to confirm with them. Aero is still closed for a little while.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have an established relationship for transfers with a local gun store/ffl. I’d call that step one.

When I buy something online, I provide the seller the local gun store information and email my local gun store the details of the transaction so he can follow up with a copy of his FFL.

Upon receipt of the FFL, the seller ships to my local gun store.

Upon arrival, I go to my local store and execute a 4473.

With tracking info, sometimes I will send an email to the LGS on the delivery day and say, “hey, you received a such and such gun for me today”. They get a lot of transfer and don’t always remember who is waiting on what.

Then I head home and explain to my wife why it was a needed purchase. ;-)

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    "Then I head home and explain to my wife why it was a needed purchase. ;-)"

And this step being the most delicate, intricate and most of the time more difficult than dealing with the ATF ;)

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So I just filled out the info online with the correct info zip phone number and transfers name (the shop). My order was confirmed with aero via email. I was leaning twords calling the ffl I put in online to confirm with them. Aero is still closed for a little while.
    Sounds like you didn't do too badly. You'll just want to understand what your FFL's requirements are and how responsive they are, and how much they charge for the transfer service. Sometimes depending on the online seller, they will already have a list of FFLs where they already have the FFLs license copy, etc.

Others such as USDS in Greenwood make it super easy and publish a copy of their FFL online: https://usds.biz/page.firearm-transfers

Biggest thing is making sure that your FFL of choice is actively interested in the receiving of online sales and doing transfers, as some are not. Assuming they are, just knowing their process, the cost, and aligning expectations via a call is the best way to do this.

Good luck

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    priority #1
    I guess calling the FFL depends. I order a lot from Buds and have it shipped to Highsmith and never call them. They are listed in Buds as a receiving FFL so it's no surprise to them that stuff comes from Buds. I know when it shows up and usually they are calling me within minutes of getting it, they are awesome for transfers. I bought something off gunbroker awhile back and selected Indiana Gun Club to receive it because I could pull them up, didn't call them either and they also called me right away. If it was some random purchase from an unknown place i'd probably let them know. Interesting story about the Gun Club transfer, when I was pulling up available FFL's based on the map I saw Fortville and clicked on that thinking it was M&J's. So I got the delivery notification and went to M&J's and said I had a transfer, the douchebag helper at the counter looks over and says well did we call you? I said not yet but it shows delivered and he says well then we've been too busy to get to it. Looking around i'm the only one there and both of them are just leaning on the counter bs'ing lol, so I say okay and leave. Then later I get a call from IGC saying my transfer was there so I checked the gunbroker and their address is listed as Fortville somehow. But I now have one less gun store I frequent.

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Update: I called Atkinson in greenwood the FFL I picked dude was super helpful on the phone super understanding and told me it sounded like I did everything right and he seemed relieved when I told him I purchased directly from aero and it’s being sent to them. He made it sound like aero and their shop are good buddies “oh they got it man, we get stuff from them all the time shouldn’t be a problem.” Fingers crossed they’ll be faster than PSA ordered from them dec. 26 still waiting on it.

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I beleive Aero is 4-6 weeks out on shipping ffl items at this point.
    I saw their website mention somewhat of a time frame for these and I didn’t think it was too awful bad I saw someone else post that they are getting stuff in and out the best right now. I have no real experience with it my real expectation is that it’ll be here sometime in the end of FEB beginning of March. I ordered from PSA on dec 26th and it’s still “prosessing” on their end but they have already taken my money. Just waiting I mean it’s alright it gives me time to find uppers and save for those.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    "Then I head home and explain to my wife why it was a needed purchase. ;-)"

And this step being the most delicate, intricate and most of the time more difficult than dealing with the ATF ;)
    You aren't kidding! My approach is usually to keep it in my truck until she isn't home and sneak it into the safe. Once it's there, my answer is always "I've had that one for a little while."

She did catch my dry fire practicing with a new revolver in my home office this time last year, and was smart enough to know that was a new one.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You aren't kidding! My approach is usually to keep it in my truck until she isn't home and sneak it into the safe. Once it's there, my answer is always "I've had that one for a little while."

She did catch my dry fire practicing with a new revolver in my home office this time last year, and was smart enough to know that was a new one.
    I just buy stuff that all looks alike.

Top Bottom