• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    New law in MS since someone torched a dog. We can carry Farrel cats to be spade and neutered but have to return them to where they were located.
    Call animal control about cats, they won't show up. Catch cats and carry them to animal control, they won't take them.
    Our animal control office is small, built when the city was small. Built to house 60 dogs and 20 cats. Add on to house another 40 dogs. No cats at the pound, all dogs and most are Pit Bulls.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    We have a certain crazy cat lady about 2 houses away. I have warned her about letting her cats roam the hood. My 2 dogs used one as a tug of war rope. I threw what was left in her yard. She was not amused. She bitched at me one day at the mailbox. I asked her if she was going to replace all my landscaping bushes that her cats like to mark heavily with their stinch in MY yard. It would be close to $1000.00 + labor. She looked me straight in the face and said: Those aren't my cats! I about fell out!!
    Her cheapskate 'tude told me she would not claim them if they do damage.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    New law in MS since someone torched a dog. We can carry Farrel cats to be spade and neutered but have to return them to where they were located.
    Call animal control about cats, they won't show up. Catch cats and carry them to animal control, they won't take them.
    Our animal control office is small, built when the city was small. Built to house 60 dogs and 20 cats. Add on to house another 40 dogs. No cats at the pound, all dogs and most are Pit Bulls.
    Alexandria thinks ferals are the countys problem or and that Anderson should take our feral cat and unwanted dogs in their pound.
    Our Mayor made a comment the other day with they dont know what to do with them since nobody will take them. And with that he hired another LEO instead of a an animal control officer.
    I instantly responded with, build an incinerator behind the street dept buildings.
    He thought I was kidding.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Cue the "but they eat SO MANY TICKS!!!!" crowd.
    Yeah, people misinterpret that study just like the one about bats eating so many mosquitos. For myself if they aren't doing any damage I don't kill them, but that's me. And yes I do know that for some there is a valid reason to kill them, along with coons, woodchucks, etc. and I have no problem with it.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I keep seeing people mention song birds being killed, I don't have a cat but this makes me want one. I find birds annoying for the most part. We had a barn cat years ago who got excited if he seen me with a pellet gun by the barn, free dinner for him! Little winged bastards reek havoc on vehicles clear coat.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I keep seeing people mention song birds being killed, I don't have a cat but this makes me want one. I find birds annoying for the most part. We had a barn cat years ago who got excited if he seen me with a pellet gun by the barn, free dinner for him! Little winged bastards reek havoc on vehicles clear coat.
    Was it a calico?
    If so I can tell you where it is.

Top Bottom