• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    From the Salisbury N.C. Police Facebook.

During a 5-day period our community has experienced 4 overdose deaths. We are concerned after speaking with some friends and family members that fentanyl is being added to marijuana. Most of the victims have been under 30 years old, and a few of them have only been known to use marijuana. Our narcotics unit have also found counterfeit Xanax, Oxycodone and Roxycodone pills that dealers are selling on the street that may be tied to some of the overdoses.

I have heard it argued that you cannot die from smoking Fentanyl, which I do not believe....but cannot prove whether it can or can't. Anyone here know for sure?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Highly recommend anyone remotely interested in what’s going on with drugs, fentanyl, the border, the cartels take some time and listen to this interview with a reporter who embedded with the cartel.

(Also available via podcast if that’s your thing)
    For what it’s worth he said the cartel he was with was only mixing heroin and fentanyl. He said all the rumors of fentanyl mixed with other stuff is probably made up by law enforcement to deter drug use in general.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Friend's son passed last week from a F OD.

25YO

Though we know it can be hidden, there has been no evidence he was a drug user... Still trying to track down where it came from. Not good.
    My sincere condolences to the young mans family. It breaks my heart every time I hear of another family going thru what me and my family, and so many others are going thru.

Todays OD's are not like OD's of the past. Today we are seeing more and more non drug addicts dying. People think that every OD or poisoning they hear of is just some homeless drug addict, and sadly......that just is not the truth anymore. Until this thinking is changed, nobody will care, until it hits their home......and someday we may change it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Highly recommend anyone remotely interested in what’s going on with drugs, fentanyl, the border, the cartels take some time and listen to this interview with a reporter who embedded with the cartel.

(Also available via podcast if that’s your thing)
    For what it’s worth he said the cartel he was with was only mixing heroin and fentanyl. He said all the rumors of fentanyl mixed with other stuff is probably made up by law enforcement to deter drug use in general.

I can 100% without a doubt promise you Fentanyl is being pressed into pills. Pressed pills is probably the biggest cause of Fentanyl poisoning resulting in death.

This kid was one of the first to do it in large quantity. Aaron Shamo, google that name sometime.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...m-phoenix-millionaire-aaron-shamo/2329055001/

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    How can it be economically profitable to put fentanyl (or one of its analogues) into weed ? It makes sense to press it into counterfeit pills, use it to cut heroin etc. in order to increase profit margins, but to go through the extra time and expense to add it to weed seems counterproductive to the dealers bottom line. I understand that some people would add things like cocaine to weed ( sometimes called primo if I recall correctly ), and dipping joints in PCP or formaldehyde is a thing, but that's not really that common and its not something that would somehow make its way into the normal supply chain and be ingested by unsuspecting weed smokers.

Its also not like it would be useful as a method to pass off cheaper low quality weed as more expensive higher quality weed because adding fent wouldn't effect the color, crystals or smell of the low quality weed, and anyone who did smoke it would quickly know that the effect was inconsistent with higher quality weed. And the theory that the dealers are trying to get unsuspecting customers addicted to their product dosent make sense because they are likely to kill a lot more of their customers than they are going to get addicted to the fentanyl high. I also think most users would quickly figure out their weed had been laced and that would make them seek out other suppliers, which again would hurt their bottom line.

My gut feeling is that if someone is adding fent to weed, they are doing it intentionally for their own use (and possibly sharing it with unsuspecting friends) and not just getting it from their source that way. The entire point of selling drugs is to make a profit, which is not in line with hiding a much more valuable drug inside a cheaper drug. The only advantage I can think of is it being used as a method for transporting and selling small doses of fentanyl, so if they are caught they are only charged with the possession of marijuana and potentially evade the more serious offense of possession of the fentanyl.

For the record I am not saying it never happens, I am just saying I cant wrap my head around the motive and how it would benefit the dealer. Maybe someone who is smarter than me and is more familiar with the microeconomics of the street level dealers or even the macroeconomics of cartel level distribution models and logistics networks can weigh in and clear things up because I am baffled if this is truly happening on a large scale.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He's embedded, so he's in the know. Because, you know, the cartel has a reputation to maintain.
    I have issues believing anyone can get into the inner circle of a cartel, leave and start talking about the inner workings in a pod cast or some such and keep his tongue in his head.
    JMHO of course.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My sincere condolences to the young mans family. It breaks my heart every time I hear of another family going thru what me and my family, and so many others are going thru.

Todays OD's are not like OD's of the past. Today we are seeing more and more non drug addicts dying. People think that every OD or poisoning they hear of is just some homeless drug addict, and sadly......that just is not the truth anymore. Until this thinking is changed, nobody will care, until it hits their home......and someday we may change it.
    This change will have to come from society itself my friend as we both already know. My heart still hurts from your recent loss. And my family has struggled with this for years with no end in site. Why so many young people seek out and choose to live this dead end lifestyle is beyond my comprehension. That the real world sucks so badly in its reality that they seek to live in the false reality of a drug induced cloud.
    A sadness for your friends loss.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    How can it be economically profitable to put fentanyl (or one of its analogues) into weed ? It makes sense to press it into counterfeit pills, use it to cut heroin etc. in order to increase profit margins, but to go through the extra time and expense to add it to weed seems counterproductive to the dealers bottom line. I understand that some people would add things like cocaine to weed ( sometimes called primo if I recall correctly ), and dipping joints in PCP or formaldehyde is a thing, but that's not really that common and its not something that would somehow make its way into the normal supply chain and be ingested by unsuspecting weed smokers.

Its also not like it would be useful as a method to pass off cheaper low quality weed as more expensive higher quality weed because adding fent wouldn't effect the color, crystals or smell of the low quality weed, and anyone who did smoke it would quickly know that the effect was inconsistent with higher quality weed. And the theory that the dealers are trying to get unsuspecting customers addicted to their product dosent make sense because they are likely to kill a lot more of their customers than they are going to get addicted to the fentanyl high. I also think most users would quickly figure out their weed had been laced and that would make them seek out other suppliers, which again would hurt their bottom line.

My gut feeling is that if someone is adding fent to weed, they are doing it intentionally for their own use (and possibly sharing it with unsuspecting friends) and not just getting it from their source that way. The entire point of selling drugs is to make a profit, which is not in line with hiding a much more valuable drug inside a cheaper drug. The only advantage I can think of is it being used as a method for transporting and selling small doses of fentanyl, so if they are caught they are only charged with the possession of marijuana and potentially evade the more serious offense of possession of the fentanyl.

For the record I am not saying it never happens, I am just saying I cant wrap my head around the motive and how it would benefit the dealer. Maybe someone who is smarter than me and is more familiar with the microeconomics of the street level dealers or even the macroeconomics of cartel level distribution models and logistics networks can weigh in and clear things up because I am baffled if this is truly happening on a large scale.
    I generally agree with you on this, but I can see one other possibility which is cross contamination. Pressing pills/mixing it into heroin/etc then bagging up weed on the same table.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I offer y’all a primary source vetted and interviewed by a former seal and cia contractor……but hey that random person on the internet who heard from a guy who heard from a guy is probably reputable too.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I generally agree with you on this, but I can see one other possibility which is cross contamination. Pressing pills/mixing it into heroin/etc then bagging up weed on the same table.
    That is a good point. I don't know why they would ever intentionally put Fentanyl in weed, but I can see how cross contamination might happen......but I don't really know how much of the "weed" market the cartel has anymore, unless they grow it in the US. As cheap as dispensary weed is now days, I cant imagine the cartels being able to make nearly what they use to.

Top Bottom