• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLHelmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2016
    Newburgh
    Fellas, I need to find a nice pair of Fall/Winter boots that I can romp through the woods with and would love your input. "Real world" reviews only if you reference a specific model, but general "I like this brand..." comments are welcome.

Note these are going to be "Indiana" boots...not something I'm taking to K2, the Everglades or the Mojave desert. Ideally I'd like a waterproof boot, plus it should be comfortable to spend time in when walking "man's best friend". Think state parks and/or local parks with tall grass and some trails.

I was going to get some generic "duck boots" but don't know how comfortable those would be when hiking for a couple of miles. Last pair I had cracked alot. No wonder LS Ayres when out of business! :):

Was thinking Cabela's and REI would be my best bet here in the greater-Indy area. I currently have a pair of low-cut Keen shoes that are not waterproof. I'd like to think I can get the job done for < $200, but would prefer to pay less.

Am I writing off duck boots too soon? Or should I find some high-top Keen's? Or throw caution to the wind and get some Salomon's?

Thanks in advance for your input!
    Lowas have always served me well. Very waterproof. Salomon boots are solid too, very light weight but some models aren’t waterproof

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'm really picky about fit and pretty much all I wear now are Salomon X Ultra Mids. I have two pair I currently rotate between (one is the forces version for work).

I also have a pair of their Toundra winter boots I wear on cold days, but they are so hot it needs to be below 0 before I even consider wearing them.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Danner Recons
    Made in the USA
    Not a better boot made...period.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

These are the way to go. Fort Lewis boots deliver in every category.

Top Bottom