• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    Went to Columbus on business last week, and "No Guns" signs were all over the place. And of course, over there, signs carry the force of law. Many made a point to exclude LTCH holders. So I collected signs. (Not going wasn't an option. It was to attend a trade show at the convention center for work, so I had to be there.)

columbus_1.jpg

columbus_2.jpg

columbus_3.jpg

columbus_4.jpg

columbus_5.jpg

columbus_6.jpg

columbus_7.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Too many laws, taxes and permits needed to live in the People's Republic of Ohio. I grew up there, but refuse to raise a family in the Buckeye state. Indiana has much more freedom and common sense.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Went to Columbus on business last week, and "No Guns" signs were all over the place. And of course, over there, signs carry the force of law. Many made a point to exclude LTCH holders. So I collected signs. (Not going wasn't an option. It was to attend a trade show at the convention center for work, so I had to be there.)

View attachment 48001

View attachment 48002

View attachment 48003

View attachment 48004

View attachment 48005

View attachment 48006

View attachment 48007

The third, fourth and fifth example lack the proper language to have the force of law

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    The one strong redeeming quality of having to visit Ohio ... Da/n fine everyday brew!!!! I always bring some back when i vacation in Florida.. Still can't understand why we don't have that beer here?

Thread hijack...

Bring Yuengling to Indiana is the only reason I joined Facebook. Well, that and the cool rocket launchers and grease guns you can buy there.

Last edited:

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I actually do business with the Yuengling folks. Lady I deal with has the same last name "Yuengling". The family is/are really great folks to deal with. Will be in Ohio tomorrow and plan on bringing back 2-3 cases. Only have one case left since my last trip 3 weeks ago.

Back to the thread topic now...sorry

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So my Ohio bank with a branch in Indiana has a poorly worded sign. As I read it my little pink slip of paper to me means I am "authorized by law".

NOTICE
    It is illegal to carry a firearm... on these premises.

Unless otherwise authorized by law...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    You guys are nuts. I grew up in Ohio and never thought Yeungling was anything special. It must be the "You cant have it" that makes it worth talking about.

For the price, it's pretty darn good.

I'm currently in Ohio and have yet to see a sign. It's still nice to be heading back to Indiana though

I live in dayton, the signs aren't as common as I would have initially thought they would be. I also tend to park at side doors and always look but don't tend to see signs.

The third, fourth and fifth example lack the proper language to have the force of law

qft. To live here and carry you really have to know the law and how it is supposed to be applied.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You guys are nuts. I grew up in Ohio and never thought Yeungling was anything special. It must be the "You cant have it" that makes it worth talking about.

Probably in the same manner people out west used to think of Stroh's the same way those east of the Mississippi used to think of Coor's before they went to national distribution.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    So my Ohio bank with a branch in Indiana has a poorly worded sign. As I read it my little pink slip of paper to me means I am "authorized by law".

So does Ohio law enforcement read this the same as you? Since I have my Indiana LCTH, am I "authorized by law"? :dunno:

Top Bottom