• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Help me understand how putting a pile of corn on the edge of the road is a good idea? Newsflash there a lake right there so yeah they are going to be in the area regardless. So does this person own a body shop or what?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    See a lot of it in the fall, as crops are coming off. Not so much now. Truck/wagon overflow?
    No have seen them dumping it out in a pile, at $8.00 a bag seems kind of silly, but they do have like 5 tiny houses in front of their house.

just wish they would pick a better spot as when they get spooked right into the road they go.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    No have seen them dumping it out in a pile, at $8.00 a bag seems kind of silly, but they do have like 5 tiny houses in front of their house.

just wish they would pick a better spot as when they get spooked right into the road they go.
    Someone is :nuts:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Are they just feeding them, or are they baiting them? Being that close to the road, either would be pretty stupid!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Are they just feeding them, or are they baiting them? Being that close to the road, either would be pretty stupid!
    Fairly sure they are not baiting them, my vote is going to be for stupid people, granted it’s an older home so it is barely off the road, but still they could take their corn pile down to the road side park and at least have it off the road.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Deer equivalent of a cat lady?

True story - I have an elderly neighbor who I was talking to one day because she wanted to meet my dogs. In the course of the conversation, she confided to me that Nationwide (insurance company headquartered in Columbus) was importing coyotes to cull the deer so their cost from car/deer accidents would be lowered

What else can you you say but ... Ohhhh Kaaaay. Oh my, look at the time! I really must be going

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Deer equivalent of a cat lady?

True story - I have an elderly neighbor who I was talking to one day because she wanted to meet my dogs. In the course of the conversation, she confided to me that Nationwide (insurance company headquartered in Columbus) was importing coyotes to cull the deer so their cost from car/deer accidents would be lowered

What else can you you say but ... Ohhhh Kaaaay. Oh my, look at the time! I really must be going
    :shady:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's a guy who lives near me who feeds the deer in his back yard....like the dozens or dear just roaming around would be seen otherwise.

This is a pic from my back yard last summer with no corn piles. Not unusual. Although, if it keeps them away from my apple trees...

deer.jpg

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    There's a guy who lives near me who feeds the deer in his back yard....like the dozens or dear just roaming around would be seen otherwise.

This is a pic from my back yard last summer with no corn piles. Not unusual. Although, if it keeps them away from my apple trees...

View attachment 138447
    Barn yard security team runs ours off in short order, kind of kicking around the idea of putting my garden in where the team roams, may cut down on deer destroying plants.

Top Bottom