• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Will FedEx fire him for defending himself?
    Probably. It opens them up to lawsuits brought on by douche bag ambulance chasers.

One of my employers explained the no gun policy in his trucks as just that. Lawyers and douche bags. He was covering his ass just like every business that posts the no firearms sign. LIt is covering their asses.

So, I quit and bought my own truck. Insured it myself and became a contractor. I put their flag on the side of my service truck and sported a different version of the uniforms, but I was a separate entity working on contract for the business. I had my own customer base that followed me, so I was working under their business insurance on the jobs.
    I actually made more money. Was not subject to the cover your ass Bravo Sierra and was strapped all the time.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That job is getting tougher every day. They will be having people riding shotgun just like stagecoaches in the old west.

Robbers riding Audis these days instead of Appaloosas.

Last edited:

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    Just let them open carry like armored car drivers. Problem solved.
    Imagine walking up to rob the FedEx guy, just to have him turn to show the Python on his belt. My guess is you'll reconsider your actions.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just let them open carry like armored car drivers. Problem solved.
    Imagine walking up to rob the FedEx guy, just to have him turn to show the Python on his belt. My guess is you'll reconsider your actions.

Because nobody ever robs or shoots armored car guards. There's a reason there are two or three guards per truck at any place reputable.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Back in the day postal workers were armed. I've seen everything from short 38's to long barrel 45 caliber New Service revolvers with USPS markings.
    I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that it was the Postal Inspectors who were armed, not the postal workers themselves?
    I have, however, seen more than a few Ruger Service-Six (and other) revolvers stamped 'USPS' on the left side of the frame!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that it was the Postal Inspectors who were armed, not the postal workers themselves?
    I have, however, seen more than a few Ruger Service-Six (and other) revolvers stamped 'USPS' on the left side of the frame!

By "back in the day" - he means like 100+ years ago when he was a kid.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Not to get off topic but of interest. I had a guy at the range a couple months ago that was retired Mail Carrier. He had with him a Postal Inspector marked 3” Ruger Security Six. The Postal Inspector Badge was on the Ruger Paperwork. Box and all. It was their issue in the early 1980’s.

I worked for the US Marshals Service as a contract guard for a couple years in the late 1990’s and the issue gun until 2002 was a 3” Ruger GP 100. 85” carried a Sig or Glock as approved POW but issue was a GP 100 with Winchester 357 Mag 145 grain Silvertip.

Bosbar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just outside Indy
    When I hired in the USPS, in 1980, as a truck driver, we got familiarization with a 38 snub.
    They had a cabinet set up in the truck terminal where you would shoot wax bullets into. Just to see if you could hit anything.
    Whenever we carried a registered package or carried mail from the airport, we would sign out a Model 36.
    Unfortunately, they used the same bullets over and over until there was no powder left in the case.
    That;s why I always carried my own.

Top Bottom